Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladybug! I hope I can help you. At the end of row 4 you are ending i color, but starting another color. You would start it the same place you ended the other color an d continue to crochet as per pattern. It's a beautiful pattern! Hope you can figure it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane. You know the more I looked at the instructions I wondered if that was it. Usually they tell you how to do & where. It was just different. Now I need to set down & see if I can figure the rest of the next row out. I like the pattern too. Making lots of different size sqrs for a friends afghan. Knew i didn,t have nearly enough & found some at several lications I really liked, copied them & have done 4 so far.Have another with 3 strands of yarn & P hook to do the same to. Know I don,t have enough done but will finish this summer. Sqrs are easy to do in the hot weather & I have AC in my den downstairs where everything is located so will get them done in between doing baby & cemo hats. Keeps me busy & I,m having cataract surgery next mo & may so will be able to read more than I have this past yeat. Plus I have flowerbeds to work in. Not all cleaned out yet. I,ll get them eventually. Thank you all for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladybug! Glad I could help. As for the rest of the pattern, try writing it out stitch by stitch and cross off each stitch as you go! I have found this very useful on intricate patterns! I like to do afghan blocks as well. The only thing I get bored with is sewing it all together! So now I sew together as I go along! I have also found you can make 2 squares into a little purse for a little girl! Just sew or crochet them together and add a handle or strap! That way you can try out different squares and not have to make a lot of them! I love to try new things but I don't know anybody that needs another afghan from me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maryjane!Thanks for the suggestions. I,ll have to try that. I did finish the sq but some of the directions didnt work for me. I reviewed them when they didn,t work,tore out & did again but finally I just did stiches so it would work and finished the sq. I don,t think I,ll do that one again. I will have to block it so I can sew to another but it did turn out to be a pretty sq.Maybe at a later time. Problem here is their is noone to compare things with & crochet with. My girlfriend quit yrs ago & doesn,t seem interested in starting again. My sister in law also, so I am pretty much by myself.