Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

I need hooks that don't catch on the yarn...any ideas???

i get really tired of my crochet hooks not sliding smoothly through my stitches, or the tip catching on a stitch below the one i'm working on, or having the yarn slip off the hook as i pull through to complete a stitch... does anybody know of a brand with a deeper 'hook' that will keep the yarn from slipping off and separating the yarn strand with the tip? or is it me and not the hook...? lol i use Boye brand aluminum hooks for the most part...which i can easily afford.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, I find Susan Bates hooks better for me, yarn seems to flow smoothly. I don't like Boye hooks, they tend to catch the yarn more and snag. I have heard of Clover hooks but have not used them (yet). Hopefully someone else can give you insight on those hooks.

Roe

3. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    not sure if it was knitting or crocheting but the stainless steel hooks will slide easier than the wooden ones I've heard. I use the stainless steel hooks and once in a while it catches and doesn't pull through but usually it pulls through.

5. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan Bates hooks are my favorite. They are reasonably priced so maybe just get one and see how you like it. I have no problem with them even when stitching tightly for my amigurumis.

7. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    the only susan bates hooks i've found are some type of plastic that i seem to break...lol don't know if it's the quality of the hook or i just have too much strength in my fingers...hahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    The crochet hooks I have are probably aluminum not stainless steel.

10. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it has more to do with the yarn that the hook. That is my experience but I guess some feel it is the hook. I have found that some yarns like "I love this yarn" splits all the time. Just a different perception.

12. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post
    Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Faye. I bought I love you Yarn as every one in 1 Group raved about it. Not me, maybe some things?? Happy Holidays

Susan2014

14. Likes cheri54 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

crochet hooks

I really like the clover soft touch..they are shorter than boyle or susan bates and I can go much faster and my yarn doesn't catch...

16. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that when I use yarn that looks like mohair (fuzzy yarn) my hooks get caught all the time. How can I correct that? Are there any tricks I can use?

18. Likes cheri54 liked this post