Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    if you need a laugh, turn on the cc and read the crazy stuff it says..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by moonchild72248 View Post
    if you need a laugh, turn on the cc and read the crazy stuff it says..

TOOOO funny, they must not understand the Aussie dialect AT ALL!!! thx for the laugh moonchild!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    OMGosh hahahhahaaaa !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Barbara
    I have some Red Heart yarn and I had to put a BandAid on my left index finger where the yarn travels because the yarn is so rough. It feels like sand paper and was blistering my finger. I wonder if there is a way to do this with a whole skein before it's crocheted?

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHARCREATES View Post
    Thanks Barbara
    I have some Red Heart yarn and I had to put a BandAid on my left index finger where the yarn travels because the yarn is so rough. It feels like sand paper and was blistering my finger. I wonder if there is a way to do this with a whole skein before it's crocheted?
    Hi - I've read that a lot of people put the whole skein, loosened up a little by hand, and put it in a mesh bag or pillow case, then dry it it in the same bag/case; if it's not totally dry then fluff it up a lot by and let it sit outside of the case/bag to finish air drying. Super saver washes and dries very well no matter how you do it really. I've noticed too that some skeins of it are very soft, while some are so rough it's just awful. I think they're trying to make it softer before they roll it up to sell - I hope so! The I Love This Yarn is a good 4 ply worsted weight that's never as rough as RHSS. you may know that already, and it's affordable too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! So many times I saw the color I wanted in a yarn product that was just to rough for my taste. I'm so glad now that I don't have to settle for another color any more. Thank you again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the video, BobWilson! So, you are saying this method works to soften up 'cheap' yarn, like the RH super savor? I don't like to use a lot of the less expensive acrylic yarn, because it seem so rough... Using this method will permanently soften the yarn? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillygaloo View Post
    Thanks for the video, BobWilson! So, you are saying this method works to soften up 'cheap' yarn, like the RH super savor? I don't like to use a lot of the less expensive acrylic yarn, because it seem so rough... Using this method will permanently soften the yarn? Thanks!
    Clare Sullivan is bobwilson123, and yes, she is saying just what yo said, lol! Isn't it great!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabtree View Post
    Thank you for this post as I put yarn in a nylon bag & put it into the washer with mild soap & fabric softener. Works for me! Then I throw it into the dryer.
    crabteee, people don't realize how machine washable and dryable RHSS yarn really is! And I find some skeins are pretty darn soft, but in general it's rather rough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabtree View Post
    Thank you for this post as I put yarn in a nylon bag & put it into the washer with mild soap & fabric softener. Works for me! Then I throw it into the dryer.
    Crabtree, so many people have no idea how well RHSS and other yarns do when you machine wash and dry it!