Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I need help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I need help!!!

I need to make a small triangle but I cannot find instructions for one that make sense!
    Do any of you ladies know how or can help me find how to make one? this is need as soon as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try just increasing one stitch at each end of each row? For example, start with one sc for row 1, then increase to 2 sc on row 2, then increase to 4 sc on row 3, then 6 sc on row 4, and so on. I'm just thinking about this in my head, can't crochet here at work, so it might or might not work, but it's worth a try if you haven't already.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyjhudson View Post
    Did you try just increasing one stitch at each end of each row? For example, start with one sc for row 1, then increase to 2 sc on row 2, then increase to 4 sc on row 3, then 6 sc on row 4, and so on. I'm just thinking about this in my head, can't crochet here at work, so it might or might not work, but it's worth a try if you haven't already.
    I read one that went something like that but starting from the point and I was just so confused as to how to do it

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope I can explain it without actually being able to do it. I would chain 2, then do one single in the second chain from the hook. Then chain one, turn, and do two singles in the one single from the previous row. Chain one, turn, and do two singles in each of the two singles from the previous row. Now you should have 4 singles. Chain one, turn, do two singles in the first stitch, one single in each of the next two, then two in the last, giving you 6. Chain one and turn, then just keep doing two singles in the first and last stitches and one in each of the stitches in between until it's the size you want. I hope this makes sense. If it doesn't, have you tried YouTube? I usually find everything I'm looking for there. Good luck.

5. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyjhudson View Post
    I hope I can explain it without actually being able to do it. I would chain 2, then do one single in the second chain from the hook. Then chain one, turn, and do two singles in the one single from the previous row. Chain one, turn, and do two singles in each of the two singles from the previous row. Now you should have 4 singles. Chain one, turn, do two singles in the first stitch, one single in each of the next two, then two in the last, giving you 6. Chain one and turn, then just keep doing two singles in the first and last stitches and one in each of the stitches in between until it's the size you want. I hope this makes sense. If it doesn't, have you tried YouTube? I usually find everything I'm looking for there. Good luck.
    On youtube I only found triangles that are way too big and I am horrible at changing numbers

Post Thanks / Like
    Ch 4
    Row 1: 2 dc into 4th ch from hook, ch 2, 3 dc in same st.
    Row 2: Ch 3, turn, 2 dc in same st, (3 dc, ch 2, 4 dc) in ch 2 space, 3 dc in top of ch 3 from previous row.
    Row 3: Ch 3, turn, 2 dc in same st, 3 dc in next sp where a "gap" was made between two DCs, (3 dc, ch 2, 3dc) in ch 2 sp, 3 dc in next sp where a "gap" was made between two DCs, 3 dc in top of ch 3 from previous row.
    Continue in this pattern until you have reached your desired size. When you are finished, an optional border would be to ch 1, turn, 3 sc in same st, 1 sc in each st to ch 2 sp, 3 sc in ch 2 sp, 1 sc in each st to next corner, 3 sc in corner, 1 sc evenly spaced along base edge, sl st in first sc made.

Hope this helps!

8. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another way you could do a triangle so that it would be solid, I don't know how big you are wanting the triangles so this is just an example...

Ch 10
    Row 1: 1 sc in each ch across. {9 sc}
    Row 2: Ch 1, turn. sc2tog in next two sc, 1 sc in each sc across to final 3 sc, sc2tog, sc in last st.
    Row 3: Ch 1, turn. 1 sc in each sc across.

Repeat rows 2 & 3 until you can only either ch 1, turn, and sl st into next/final st, OR sc3tog if you end up with only 3 st remaining as your last row. Then finish off.

10. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hobbies View Post
    Another way you could do a triangle so that it would be solid, I don't know how big you are wanting the triangles so this is just an example...

Ch 10
    Row 1: 1 sc in each ch across. {9 sc}
    Row 2: Ch 1, turn. sc2tog in next two sc, 1 sc in each sc across to final 3 sc, sc2tog, sc in last st.
    Row 3: Ch 1, turn. 1 sc in each sc across.

Repeat rows 2 & 3 until you can only either ch 1, turn, and sl st into next/final st, OR sc3tog if you end up with only 3 st remaining as your last row. Then finish off.
    Oh my goodness thank you so much this is perfect!!!!

12. Thanks Rogue Hobbies thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Oh my goodness thank you so much this is perfect!!!!
    Glad I could be of some help =D

14. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post