Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Ideas on quick patterns during babysitting?

I am looking for a quick pattern to do while babysitting.

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on the ages of the children, you could do hats, scarves, maybe granny squares, dishcloths, washcloths.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, depending on what you have an interest in you could also do bookmarks, coin purses, cell phone holders, or any other small items.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug150 View Post
    I am looking for a quick pattern to do while babysitting.
    how about flowers or appliques or those cute little animals? i've seen a few 'Lady Bug' designs that are really cute...:o)

Post Thanks / Like
    Why just quick projects? I always have a baby blanket in progress that I refer to as my Dr.'s office baby blanket. Whenever I have a Dr.'s appointment I take along my baby blanket bag. It has everything I need inside. Waiting in the Dr.'s office can be such a pain but not if you have something constructive, creative and interesting to do. And you may come across the occasional extra benefit. So far I have taught 2 others waiting with me and 1 Dr. how to crochet. The Dr. said he does counted cross stitch to relieve his stress (He's a cancer Dr.) and when he saw me crocheting it peeked his interest and he started asking about what I was doing. Within 5 minutes I had him crocheting!

Oh, the baby blanket gets washed and given away either to an expectant mom-to-be or I send it off the the Linus Project.

Instead of a quick project why not pick an easy stitch that you can put down when your babysitting is over and pick it up again on the next job? My preference is a basic seed stitch.

7. Likes cheri54 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually keep a bag with a crochet project to take with me...not necessarily a quick project, but usually one that I don't have to think about really hard because of distractions. I do hats a lot and a basic hat doesn't take up a lot of space to carry. If it doesn't fit someone in the family, I donate it to an organization that collects hats for people with medical hair loss or to a homeless shelter.

9. Likes cheri54 liked this post