Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I were in Walmart last week, he just automatically turns into the yarn department now and stands there telling me to get some. HAH! I don't know if that is for my sanity or his....hee hee. He works unbelievable hours this time of year and it gives me something to do to pass the time. Which in turn keep me from complaining about all the hours he is working.

I am like you Cindy, I am not good at art or painting, even though my mother could draw well. I do like crocheting and have gotten fairly well at it in the past 40 years. But I don't do clothing, I don't like doing all the work only to find out something doesn't fit well.

Happy stitching.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy H View Post
    I agree with you Judi, crocheting relaxes me. I love being able to create new things. I can't seem to go to Walmart without going back to see what colors they have in yarn. I think it is great when others see my work and say how much they like it. I am not good at art or painting , but my crochet is a different story.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I've experienced is that I have to have two projects going; Reason being that if the project is the same stitch or pattern for a while, I too start to wonder about what I will make next or what's new out there. So, I have a quick project, or a motif for the draw. That way when the larger project is getting a bit long I switch.

4. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Red face

I haven't tried clothing yet Judi, but I am thinking about trying some vest patterns that I have. I have been making some puppies in differant colors. They are really neat. Everyone have gone crazy over them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi my first attempt at a blouse came out really good; but it was a little too big, seeing that I was going for a night shirt it wasn't so bad. I learned something though, make the pattern to the size you want by following a sewing pattern for size; that way all the work you put into will not be in vain.
    I am interested Cindy in how your vest comes out. Puppies? How cute;

Post Thanks / Like
    Making clothes that fit well are a challenge! I have made a few sweaters for myself that did fit! I kept measuring and trying on while I was doing it! Right now, when I'm not crocheting for my business, I'm working on a butterfly stitch top! When I really want to relax, I work on it! Maybe I'll have it done by summer?

Post Thanks / Like
    What a good tip using a sewing pattern as a guide when making clothing. Thanks for that one Anaisa.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Anaisa View Post
    Judi my first attempt at a blouse came out really good; but it was a little too big, seeing that I was going for a night shirt it wasn't so bad. I learned something though, make the pattern to the size you want by following a sewing pattern for size; that way all the work you put into will not be in vain.
    I am interested Cindy in how your vest comes out. Puppies? How cute;

Post Thanks / Like
    The only clothing I have ever been able to make and have it come out the right size was baby clothing. I have made a couple of sweaters but I quit when the 3rd or 4th one came out too large. How do you use a sewing pattern to help size it?

Post Thanks / Like
    My guess is that you hold the crocheted piece up against the sewing pattern to gauge the size and shape you need. But Anaisa would have to answer that question.
    Have a happy day Theresa.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    The only clothing I have ever been able to make and have it come out the right size was baby clothing. I have made a couple of sweaters but I quit when the 3rd or 4th one came out too large. How do you use a sewing pattern to help size it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Crocheting is one of the best thing to do when you're spending time, then turns out very very nice results.

"knitting patterns for babies"

Post Thanks / Like
    I always have multiple projects going so I can switch when I get bored. And then I see a really cool pattern and have to try it - and so another project is born!