Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Help Needed- Trying to Intepret pattern to finish by Thursday!

Hi,

So this is the part I don't understand:
    "Sl st in 1st sc on row 8; ch 3, tr in same pl (What is same pl?),

(ch 1, sl st in top and side of tr at same time- picot made) (where is the top and side of a tr?)

There's more, too, but if I can figure out this part I think I'll be able to do the rest.

Thank you for any help you can give!!!

Best wishes,
    Marty K

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Marty, the pl stands for place. So where you do you sl st is where you would put your tr.
    Can you post a link to the pattern. That might help with what it is asking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Marty - the picot stitch, where you crochet into the top and side of the tr is very simple but hard to explain without a picture. I googled "how to crochet a picot" and there is a good video on the Annie's Attic site. Unfortunately I don't know how to insert the URL but if you google "how to crochet a picot" you should find it.
    Good luck!
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.anniescatalog.com/croche...?content_id=11

Hi Marty -think I just figured out how to post a link. Hope the above works for you.
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty K View Post
    Hi,

So this is the part I don't understand:
    "Sl st in 1st sc on row 8; ch 3, tr in same pl (What is same pl?),

(ch 1, sl st in top and side of tr at same time- picot made) (where is the top and side of a tr?)

There's more, too, but if I can figure out this part I think I'll be able to do the rest.

Thank you for any help you can give!!!

Best wishes,
    Marty K
    Marty, they're telling you that everything done in the quotation marks is done in the same sp, without moving on to another space. OR all in the same place...... so you ch 1, sl st int op and side of tr at the same time _which makes your picot - then ch3, tr in same sl - all in one space) which is a lot going on, they could have broken it down a little for you.....the sl st 1st into the top of the tr BUT don't finish it, put your hook into the side of the tr and slp st into there, and pulled thru to finish the sl st
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-26-2014 at 10:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am having trouble with the Summer-sprigs-lace-scarf. The first row is sc and that worked out fine. Then when I went to the second row I couldn't get it to work out. Below are the first two rows.

R1: turn, sc in second ch and then in each ch to the end (386 sts)row:
    R2: Ch 5 (counts as being worked in the very first sc), turn, [sk3 sts, *sc, ch3, repeat from * 2 more
    times, sc, ch3, sk3 sts, (dc, ch2, dc) in next st, ch3] repeat [] 33times, sk3 sts, *sc, ch3, repeat from *
    2 more times, sc, ch3, sk3 sts, dc in final st. Turn work. (35 pattern repeats total)

It is very confusing.
    Are there anyone that can help with this?
    Thanks
    deneville

Post Thanks / Like
    I finally found a graph to explain the Summer-sprigs-lace-scarf. It explains the pattern so much better.
    deneville