Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 8 of 11 First ... 678910 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStitchWitch View Post
    My laptop is full of patterns tons I know I will never do even but I'm thinking of grabbing a few big USB's to put them on. hey the charity idea is great some might get some use out of them. I know the charity I have done work for can supply hooks and yarn and even drop it off and pick up the finished items. come to think of it I have some free time I should connect with them again
    The USB's are a great idea! Would probably speed up my computer if I got all the patterns off, to say nothing of relieving my mind of the fear of a major crash and losing everything I've collected so far. Only have about half in printed form. Do a lot of charity work myself. Family got tired of getting afghans, etc. for Christmas, birthdays and I like to make them and have the stash and time.

2. Likes billiebob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragondrummer View Post
    The USB's are a great idea! Would probably speed up my computer if I got all the patterns off, to say nothing of relieving my mind of the fear of a major crash and losing everything I've collected so far. Only have about half in printed form. Do a lot of charity work myself. Family got tired of getting afghans, etc. for Christmas, birthdays and I like to make them and have the stash and time.
    I haven't print out pattens for years now thanks to laptops and smartphone I just work right of them my laptop while at home and my phone when i'm out and about light protable and saves on ink and paper and hopefully easier on the trees too

Happy Stitching ~Melanie~
    MsStitchWitch on Crochetville
    MsStitchWitch73 on Ravelry

Post Thanks / Like
    What an ambitious project, Bev. I haven't seen anything like that but I will keep it in mind as I look for my canopy. If I find anything, I will forward it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beviboo View Post
    Theresa L... I am looking for a canopy pattern for my black wrought iron bed. I don't want it to go over the top of the canopy frame but around it leaving the area over the bed open...sort of like a valance... do you know of any. I made one years ago for this same bed and made up my own design. The reason I need to make a new one is because I want to make a black one now (the other one was white)... I would really like it to have the look of wrought iron. I've seen the patterns for wrought iron crochet but there isn't much out there. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get clever again and come up with my own design. I've been thinking of crocheting around jute to get the effect I want. What do you think?...beverly

5. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MsStitchWitch... Welcome to CrochetTalk...I had saved a ton of patterns and a few online classes to a file on my computer also then about 2 weeks ago it crashed... I can still open the computer and can see the file but the system isn't able to find it when I try to save to my USB... (I keep pointing at it and calling the computer 'stupid' (yeah..I'm a blonde...)) I am trying to get a hold of a friend at work to see if he can get my files off that computer for me. I can even open the file... the next thing I'm going to try is printing them out and putting them in a binder (better than losing them all together...) beviboo

Quote Originally Posted by MsStitchWitch View Post
    My laptop is full of patterns tons I know I will never do even but I'm thinking of grabbing a few big USB's to put them on. hey the charity idea is great some might get some use out of them. I know the charity I have done work for can supply hooks and yarn and even drop it off and pick up the finished items. come to think of it I have some free time I should connect with them again

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Theresa L... I have way too many ambitious projects; I also want to crochet a bed skirt for my bed. On top of all that and other projects I am in the middle (actually just started) of getting my sewing/craft room organized. My house is completely upside down because I took everything out of there so I could arrange the furniture and shelving and now have to sort/purge and put everything back... that is what I am supposed to be doing right now but am on the computer. Better get back to it...thanks again, if I ever get the canopy done (and the room) I'll try to post a few pics...beverly

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    What an ambitious project, Bev. I haven't seen anything like that but I will keep it in mind as I look for my canopy. If I find anything, I will forward it to you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly what you mean, Bev. I also have too many exciting projects - not all crocheting - and I get sidetracked by one or the other and don't seem to get to everything. Ahh, someday....

Quote Originally Posted by Beviboo View Post
    Thanks Theresa L... I have way too many ambitious projects; I also want to crochet a bed skirt for my bed. On top of all that and other projects I am in the middle (actually just started) of getting my sewing/craft room organized. My house is completely upside down because I took everything out of there so I could arrange the furniture and shelving and now have to sort/purge and put everything back... that is what I am supposed to be doing right now but am on the computer. Better get back to it...thanks again, if I ever get the canopy done (and the room) I'll try to post a few pics...beverly

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I put my downloaded patterns onto CD's and store them. When I want to work them, I print them off and put them into a plastic sleeve with my sticky notepapers and a pen. I throw the thread/yarn and needles/hooks/markers, etc., into the bag and off I go!
    As for your "crash"
    The FBI has caught some computer crooks who used something called DNSChanger malware. It changes your IP server to one the crooks used to steal passwords, money, and do other illegal stuff. If you put "DNSChanger malware" in your search box, you will find out about it. It may be the reason your computer crashed because banks and credit card companies seem to have been the major targets.
    Last edited by Dsynr; 07-06-2012 at 01:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dsynr... I've heard a little about that malware and will check to see that my new computer is ok but the old one; I am unable to do any searches on it anymore it doesn't recognize Internet Explorer, or any thing else. The only thing I am able to do is open the files that I've saved to my desktop... I tried to transfer them but it doesn't see them either. I am hoping that I will be able to open them up and print them...my last resort will be to talk my computer guru at work into doing what needs to be done to get my files off there... he is on vacation right now so I will have to wait... I will let you all know how it turns out...beverly

Quote Originally Posted by Dsynr View Post
    I put my downloaded patterns onto CD's and store them. When I want to work them, I print them off and put them into a plastic sleeve with my sticky notepapers and a pen. I throw the thread/yarn and needles/hooks/markers, etc., into the bag and off I go!
    As for your "crash"
    The FBI has caught some computer crooks who used something called DNSChanger malware. It changes your IP server to one the crooks used to steal passwords, money, and do other illegal stuff. If you put "DNSChanger malware" in your search box, you will find out about it. It may be the reason your computer crashed because banks and credit card companies seem to have been the major targets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bev,

It may cost a few dollars but ,maybe a computer geek can help restore your computer and salvage your files? It would be worth $50 or so to save everything, wouldn't it?

12. Likes Beviboo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa L... that is exactly where I am at with that computer. If it can actually be restored I want to use it in my sewing room to connect to an embroidery sewing machine that I have... as well as to be able to take advantage of some online crochet classes that I have purchased... thx...beverly

Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    Hey Bev,

It may cost a few dollars but ,maybe a computer geek can help restore your computer and salvage your files? It would be worth $50 or so to save everything, wouldn't it?