Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 3 of 11 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have the same crocheting experience with afghans that you have. The granny square version seems to be the most creative as far as color and style. In my experience, afghans are the most welcome as a gift.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be easier to tell you what I do not like - that is afghan stitch you cross stitch on - yeah . . . I am like you and have made pretty much the same things. I do like to have a pattern that I can get the repeat down pat so I can crochet it no matter what else is going on around me. But I love the ones where people wonder how in the world did you crochet that???? Very rarely do I crochet the same afghan more than once or possibly twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Morning! Schools out for summer!! I work in an Autistic quad in a kindergarden class. So very happy to be off today. Anyway just finished my round ripple baby afgan last night. Only a few week nights and finish. Any way just had to let that out. Have a very stiching day. (LOL)
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working on 3 afghans right now so when I run out of yarn I do another
    Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    I started knitting and crocheting about 2 1/2 years ago, when my sister had twins. My daughter has also asked me to make her an afghan to take to college in September. I have used lovely patterns (beginner or intermediate). My problem is that I often have the problem that the sides are not straight. I do not have that problem when I knit afghans. I suppose that for every row, I should count the stitches. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    That's probably it, I mark very 15 or 20 stitches that way it's easier to count and keep track. Happy creating!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jatty! I make the last stitch of the row with a small safety pin! That way I always know where the last stitch is! I've been crocheting for a long time and I always do that on afghans! It actually saves counting each row! Hope that helps you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so very much, thrdsnpnt and Maryjane. Now I know how to create a crocheted afghan without having "wavy" sides. Your kind advice is just in time for my next project. You're the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love crocheting afghans, but love it more in winter than in summer!! LOL I've done many different kinds and can't really pick which are my favorite kinds. I have a great number of booklets I've gotten thru the years and can literally spend hours just sitting and looking thru them trying to figure out which one I want to do next. I love doing baby afghans because they work up faster and they're so appreciated when I give them away. When my oldest grandboy was on his way, I made him three...the first one was a solid color and was made of DC's & popcorn stitches. The popcorn stitches made an angel pattern. The second was a standard ripple done in white with pastel rainbow colors. The last one was done in 2 or 3 (can't remember right this second) shades of green and white squares (granny type squares). They were sewn together in a pattern that made it appear to be gingham checked. It was really pretty. David is now 9 years old, and he STILL sleeps under all three of them, sometimes all three at the same time!! LOL But, I also like doing the larger ones, too. I reckon I don't really favor one size over the other. I did a large one last winter that was called "Wicker" and my husband fell in love with it. It was made with crossed double crochet stitches, popcorn stitches and double crochet stitches. I was wondering....do we have a place here where we can post pictures of our projects? I'd love to see what y'all have done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Theresa L View Post
    I have made baby afghans and full-sized afghans. I have made granny squares, ripples and massive blankets with ornate designs using the afghan stitch. I was wondering what your favorite type of afghan to make is?

To answer my own question, it depends. For warmth, I prefer the sturdy afghan stitch. For fun with colors, I like ripples and granny squares.
    My favorite is the Basic (Original Mile a Minute Afghan) @ Annie's Attic. Am looking for a hard copy of the pattern - am teaching grand daughters to crochet it. Lost my copy! I know Annie's Attic has the original as a downloadable pattern but I prefer to buy a hard copy if someone has it - has to be the Original/Basic one!!!