Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 2 of 11 First 1234 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    They are like my babies.....depends on what stitch I am working on at that time. But I do find I have to change up patterns often or I get bored with them. But I love them all, just don't like to stitch little squares together, so for the granny I make one huge square. I love the looks of them, just don't like all the sewing.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    If I need to do something quickly, a pattern that uses lots of single crochets or double crochets is my choice. For warmth, I like the afghan stitch. Once I get Christmas projects out of the way, I'd like to start on a bedspread and matching canopy for my bed made out of antiqued crochet cotton thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually make ripple afghans if I need something in a hurry! I know the pattern so it goes fast! I really like the basket stitch for a nice warm afghan! Can't begin to count how many afghans and baby blankets I've made!

Post Thanks / Like
    this is my favorite crochet zig zag afghan so far
    Crocheted Zig Zag Afghan
    Last edited by sarah1313; 06-06-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy doing any of the afghans for various uses. RIght now I am making Kozy Kovers that are smaller blankets being given to children in hospitals who are undergoing chemotherapy. It helps them stay warm. If anyone is interested in it, you can go onto headhuggers.com and see what is being made. The ones I am doing will be sent to the group in Delaware, which has th ep erson who designed many of the chemo caps as well as the original Kozy Kover. So I guess I could say, at this point, the small Kozy Kovers are my favorite, knowing that some child will get a little bit of warmth from something that was made for her or him with love.

6. Likes sarah1313 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dc instead of sc in that pattern

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also made many afgans both adult and baby. I don't know if its bordom or my a.d.d. This time I like circles and stars and such. Right now I'm making "Baby's Round Ripple Afgan" Wow How fast!! Wich is good for its for a teacher friends new grandson and schools out tomorrow! I just need the border and of course wash it. This patteren worked fast and I also learned some hints on keeping the blanket flat. You can see patteren atwww.anglefire.com.
    good stiching
    Billie

Post Thanks / Like
    I make granny squares with the leftover yarn from other projects. I have previously put them together for charity. I don't make different colors like the typical granny square, just crochet until the square is 6 rows using a G hook. Right now I have 3 large plastic tubs full of squares. I get mind boggled with matching colors and don't want to deal with it so when I go to my family for vacation I will take these and have my neices come and put together the colors they like. I will sew them together for them which I don't mind doing. I don't need to look at crocheting the granny squares so it is a good project when we go on long trips, crochet and watch the scenery go by.
    Last edited by Gussie; 06-06-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: add another thought

10. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I belong to a group called Granny Squares of Love. We also make lap size afghans in naturally the Granny Squares. I really don't like sewing the squares together, so I just make one large rectangular shaped one and it works well for it. I haven't felt good crocheting the squares and then giving them to someone else to sew together, so this solves that problem nicely.

I can't say that the granny square is my favorite afghan though. I like a more closed stitch for the warmth, any stitch that gives a nice texture I really like. I make a lot of afghans and mix up the stitches often, I get tired of the same thing over and over.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gussie View Post
    I make granny squares with the leftover yarn from other projects. I have previously put them together for charity. I don't make different colors like the typical granny square, just crochet until the square is 6 rows using a G hook. Right now I have 3 large plastic tubs full of squares. I get mind boggled with matching colors and don't want to deal with it so when I go to my family for vacation I will take these and have my neices come and put together the colors they like. I will sew them together for them which I don't mind doing. I don't need to look at crocheting the granny squares so it is a good project when we go on long trips, crochet and watch the scenery go by.
    I love this idea! Making squares & then letting the recipient pick the colors.I will have to remember this. And I like your idea abbot always using the same size hook so you know the squares will be uniform and fit together well. Thanks for the idea!