Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  25
Page 11 of 11 First ... 91011

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I can't decide I love this afghanhttp://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/neat-ripple-pattern.html ,this Attic24: Granny Stripe is an alternative to the granny square
    Tami, I love this afghan as well. Thank you for posting the pattern link!

2. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Both of those afghans are beautiful - so bright and colorful but in a way that works in spite there be SO MANY colors!

Post Thanks / Like
    To learn techniques online, "uTube" is a good site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to help out jatty, wish I could help the lady at my local post office so quickly. She has her heart set on making a baby afghan for her daughter and all she knows how to do is the SC. The pattern is way too advanced for her at this point.... I have to figure out how to tell her this without hurting her feelings. I don't know her very well, just from going into the post office and a few conversations, so I find it a little tricky with people I hardly know.

Her pattern is one I wouldn't even bother with because it is one you cut the yarn each row and only work one side of the afghan. I like something that goes a long smoothly and that I don't have to add new yarn on to each row. It also uses DC, and DTC. I think I will show her some of my other afghans and see if she would like to learn something easier to begin with.....maybe the shell stitch, it always works up so pretty. And should be easier for her to learn the one new stitch rather then so much at once. Hard to show her much when she is working, so maybe we can get together for lunch and then work on it one day.

Happy stitching,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by jatty View Post
    Thanks so much, Judi, for your advice. I will let you know how it goes. I never thought about changing the hook size, but now I realize that for an afghan, gauge is not as important as for a garment. I never fail to marvel at this wonderful crochet community who so willing give of their experience and expertise. Thanks again, Judi, and to everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely love making afghans and have made 5 within two months time and given them all away. I love the stashaholic's brain dead afghan because it is so quick and easy to make. I also love the ribbed ripple reversable afghan because it is beautiful! I am looking forward to making more afghans in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dragondrummer View Post
    Tami, I love this afghan as well. Thank you for posting the pattern link!
    She is an extreamly talented lady I don't know her personally. But admire. Her talents you should explore her blog

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to make full size afghan's. I find they make great gifts for those hard to buy for people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello members,

This has been a great thread for crochet talk. I will be closing the thread due to the number of replies. I will also create a new thread for anyone interested in still posting.