Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Selling My Crocheted Creations

Well I have been planning for a while to sell my crocheted items once I thought they were good enough to be wanted by people other than family. I was planning on opening an etsy shop but I dont have the means for that right now. I'm in college and have a 1 year old son. My fiance provides for us as a pizza delivery driver but I want to help bring in some money even if it would be at least $50 a month. I'm trying to look into craft shows because here in Southern Maryland there seem to be a lot. I am thinking of maybe finding places online like this forum where I can maybe sell things without getting into trouble for selling if that makes sense? I was thinking about maybe trying to get people on facebook to maybe buy some but i doubt they'd be interested. Still that would be the most comfortable way for me to get my work seen. Other than here. Here i dont think anyone would really buy anything because im sure anything i can make you all could make way better lol. Anyway i guess advice on how and where to sell is what im asking for.
    Any advice is much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try in your location paper were you live
    Are call the Chamber Of Commerce around, were you live ask them about the handcraft show around there.
    I hope this help you.
    Good Luck
    Glenda

3. Likes Ivy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for the suggestions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda H View Post
    Try in your location paper were you live
    Are call the Chamber Of Commerce around, were you live ask them about the handcraft show around there.
    I hope this help you.
    Good Luck
    Glenda

Post Thanks / Like
    Here one that might help too, make something to wear
    Are for your Children to wear, this is the best way to sale your items.

6. Likes Ivy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenda H View Post
    Here one that might help too, make something to wear
    Are for your Children to wear, this is the best way to sale your items.
    I need more yarn but I have thought of that. I think I'll make a nice hat for myself and scarves and bracelets and headbands. Think that will catch people's eyes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. I sell my stuff at local shows. We have a festival here every first friday from May to September. I go there every first Friday and in November there is one at a local volunteer fire station that the fire ladies auxilary put on. I just got done doing that one and did pretty good. When I first started selling my stuff I didn't sell anything then I went to a show and sold one thing but I didn't give up. Now it seems like each time i go I sell a little more. There are some days that I don't sell anything or i might just sell one thing then other times I might sell up to 5 items or more. I am disabled and just doing it to get a little extra income. I also print out flyers telling people about what stuff I do then when they take it if they liked what they saw or if they bought something they will remember where they got it plus they will tell their friends. I also take orders during the winter but so far noone has ordered anything yet. I will do it in any color they wish. i also do many other different crafts. It is fun going to craft shows. Meeting other people, getting new ideas, seeing smiles on people's faces as they look at your stuff, and hearing the wonderful comments they make. Just making people smile is all the reward I need even if I don't sell something that day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    Hello. I sell my stuff at local shows. We have a festival here every first friday from May to September. I go there every first Friday and in November there is one at a local volunteer fire station that the fire ladies auxilary put on. I just got done doing that one and did pretty good. When I first started selling my stuff I didn't sell anything then I went to a show and sold one thing but I didn't give up. Now it seems like each time i go I sell a little more. There are some days that I don't sell anything or i might just sell one thing then other times I might sell up to 5 items or more. I am disabled and just doing it to get a little extra income. I also print out flyers telling people about what stuff I do then when they take it if they liked what they saw or if they bought something they will remember where they got it plus they will tell their friends. I also take orders during the winter but so far noone has ordered anything yet. I will do it in any color they wish. i also do many other different crafts. It is fun going to craft shows. Meeting other people, getting new ideas, seeing smiles on people's faces as they look at your stuff, and hearing the wonderful comments they make. Just making people smile is all the reward I need even if I don't sell something that day.
    That sounds really awesome! I just want to earn some to save for emergencies and once in a blue moon if I really like something to be able to get it myself. I'm sure you make beautiful items. I however have to look into craft shows for next year because this month I have a trip to make and next month as well. I could probably take some of my things with me and see if I could sell something where we go but that would be a stretch. Plus I'm not perfect at crocheting but I do well for what I know. Thank you for the inspiration!

Post Thanks / Like
    You are welcome Ivy. If you ever want to talk about craft shows or just talk just send me a personal message on here.

11. Likes Ivy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried Storenvy? It is a new website to sell your items, it's free to set up a site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marlamartin View Post
    Have you tried Storenvy? It is a new website to sell your items, it's free to set up a site.
    I have thought of it but i only have a regular paypal account not a business one and i cant pay for a business account right now. :c