Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear I only have Paypal too. I was thinking of trying that site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marlamartin View Post
    Oh dear I only have Paypal too. I was thinking of trying that site.
    I made a store just never opened it because i have no business paypal account to use for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a store on Bonanza and people pay with Paypal but I don't have a business account with them. I just looked up paypal business and there is an option for $0 a month but I don't have the details. For what it's worth, I would say stick to the craft fairs. People can see/feel your work and they will be much more likely to purchase from you. Many people are leery of buying from small business people online because they think they're going to get disappointed or ripped off with no recourse. Plus, online stores are a LOT of work because you constantly have to promote to get business. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it does make a lot of sense when you put it that way. Thanks for looking at the paypal business account thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    I have a store on Bonanza and people pay with Paypal but I don't have a business account with them. I just looked up paypal business and there is an option for $0 a month but I don't have the details. For what it's worth, I would say stick to the craft fairs. People can see/feel your work and they will be much more likely to purchase from you. Many people are leery of buying from small business people online because they think they're going to get disappointed or ripped off with no recourse. Plus, online stores are a LOT of work because you constantly have to promote to get business. Just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ivy, I understand wanting to supplement your income. Have you considered trying to sell your items on ebay? I've sold some things there pretty successfully. Good luck to you!

6. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I also wanted to sell my items. Since retiring and moving to South Carolina I did research on local craft affairs etc. The town I live in has many festivals and I though I had found my niche. But you must have a county permit (which turned out to be a Fed. Tax I.D. #) , so for me that was not the direction I wanted to go. I don't "have" to make the extra money, but it would be nice. I found a organization that needed clothing for local needy children. I just donated a lot of my items to them and plan to continue to do so. My darling little girl dresses I just gave some to my daughter for two of her friends. For me, I guess I am to give them to those that need them and my reward is that smile, the comment about the lovely item and that warm feeling I receive - but if I was to sell those darling dresses I would be ecstatic. But I am working on a doily project for a lady. Best of luck in your endevoure, and start thinking positively, and not thinking that no one would want your work. Positive thinking begats positive results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look around your town for a store or maybe even a consignment store. They may let you sell there for a small fee. A lot of towns have artist or farmer coops maybe that would also be an option. Talk with the chamber of commerce. Also, some restaurants and beauty shops. Never know until you ask. If you know a school teacher they may be able to sell for you at the school. Just a few ideas for you. Hope something works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello group I too look for ways to sell my crochet. I am trying etsy which can be expensive. I also have my own Facebook page but I find the best way has been word of mouth and friends that refer me when they hear someone say they wish they knew someone that could crochet something. It's difficult because people are losing their appreciation for the value of homemade items, and don't want to pay.

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely agree. I go to markets and have found that the square reader helps with the larger price items.

11. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, that is exactly what I would like to do, try craft fairs. I'm working on building an inventory, but am really very nervous about setting out my creations for public scrutiny. I do love to crochet though and am working on psyching myself up to just do it. That is a very encouraging post. Thank you. Coming at just the right time.