Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New stitch?

Post Thanks / Like

New stitch?

Does anyone know what a "Magic Circle" is? I found one set of instrutions but parts do not make sense...Or maybe it just me??

Post Thanks / Like
    A magic circle is a technique for making a slip knot at the very beginning of your project. Personally, it's not my favorite way. I think there are a lot of people who make their slip knots this way. You can look it up on YouTube for a tutorial.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi AgnesB.. here is s video on making a magic circle. Very easy to do:

Post Thanks / Like
    Also called the "magic loop", I find it very deceiving. I used it on a project and it "loosened itself" even though I had gone around twice with the yarn so it may work on some project (where there won't be any pulling on that circle) but not all. I prefer doing the chain and joining it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the magic circle! Always hated the hole in the middle of squares,etc. I learned it when I began making amigurumi. My little creatures would look terrible with the hole in the middle of the body parts. Use it for all my crochet now. I was fortunate enough to obtain directions for lefties on Google. Have never had a problem with the hole loosening. Once learned it becomes automatic to use it. Do whatever is comfortable for you. imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone...I was going to try a rippled-granny square lap robe but got held up on the first stitch!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also am not a fan of the magic circle or magic loop. Easier for me to do it using a slip knot and joining and I never have had a hole, guess I just tightened it more.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for posting the magic circle video. Easy to follow instructions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the magic circle and I don't like it. I think I will just stick with the slip knot. It is much easier for me to use. I have tried the magic circle about 5 times and each time just ended up using the slip knot.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use both, depending on the project. The magic circle is handy when I want the hole to be a small as possible, beanie style hats, for example. Otherwise, I use the slip stitch method.