Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

my crazy blog related software

This is for any of you who subscribe to my crochet blog, for which I'm very grateful to you for BTW! I'd like to thank susan2014 so much for the recent email she sent me that let me know of a problem I have with my auto responder and blog related software. She wasn't even sure what the problem was, or that there was one for sure, but some things weren't right with links in my welcome letter to new blog subscribers.

Please don't even ask what all that is, lol, as I have enough trouble understanding it well without explaining it to people who aren't familiar with it!! All I can tell you is that the problem is getting under control.... my husband is fixing the HTML parts and I updated my 'welcome to my blog post as a new subscriber' letter! It's been really aggravating and frustrating, but little by little people help me figure out problems with it as they inform me of things that they sometimes don't even know they're helping me by telling me certain bits of information.

So - here's to more great crochet learning and improving as my blog related software works better and I learn more about it, and for the sincere pleasure that I feel as I get comments, thank you's, and compliments about my blog posts that tells me I'm encouraging, inspiring, teaching, AND I'm also learning during the whole time I do that for others - because that was my intentions when I decided to blog about my crochet learning experience.

I post & share crochet info I search, find, save and learn from, that helps others while it also helps me, so it doesn't get much better than that. This brings me a lot of joy that God surely knows I needed. I know we all have problems, health issues, family issues, $$$ issues, etc., in this often crazy world. But it's not all bad, and and it's nice to know that for a while we can forget all of that and do our wonderful crochet that makes our world a better place for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan! I've tried a few times to subscribe to your blog and it won't let me. I click on the button and it doesn't respond. I'm sure you can see a list of your subscribers. Can you check to see if my name is there? I haven't received any emails from your blog. Maybe it's my internet connection, or my laptop, that has issues?

Shelley

P.S. BTW I think your blog is wonderful. It's coming along great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes 'bama' Shelley, you're on my list as joining on Nov 6th. I did subscribe some people myself who'd originally joined before I changed my web host, so you should be good now. Did you not get the notification for the Nov 8th post publication? Please try to let me know if you did as soon as you can, ok?!

I copied this for you from my list just now so you'll know that I halfway do know what I'm talking about!
    I marked out your email address for your privacy.

The auto responder software, Listwire is what's driving me insane, because I see now that they're trying to sell themselves thru my using them AS my auto responder, and they changed links in my welcome letter to new subscribers...not cool!

Wordpress for my blog is doing well. The version of it that I use is free and is the most widely used worldwide.

Godaddy is who I bought my blog site domain name thru for such a good deal because Dale has several domain names for a certain price as a bunch.

11/06/2014 Shelley bam*******328@*****.com ssb1
    Receiving Followups: No Subscribed By: Form Subscription Last Sent: 11/06/2014 On: n / a Next Send: n / a

Thank you for the compliment about my blog site. I've put tons of time, thought and order into it and was pleased to learn how many regular subscribers I have. I've gotten all positive comments and everyone is telling me how much they like the blog. I just hate all the confusion and frustration we've all had with my free auto responder software, but hopefully things are looking up. For ANY problems, let me know by email and I'll see it and work on it ASAP! I'll be sure to have your account in correct order before this is over with!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-09-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    *********** I can't delete this, I don't know how!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan, thanks for checking for me! I don't recall receiving an email notification from your site. But I could have accidentally deleted it. :/

Shelley