Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

MIA for crocheting projects

Hi my name is Wendy. I havent been on Crochet talk for a while. I have been crocheting for about hmmm lets see probably for about eight or nine years, but I haven't crocheted every day. I've missed months at a time. Has anyone else stopped crocheting at times? Has it been hard to restart back in to it (being busy with life - trying to blend family together and health issues for me and my husband - nothing too serious with me) ? Also has anyone have had more then one project going at one time? Wouldn't that be difficult to keep straight?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I have four projects going on now. One I don't need to finish until January and it is a gift for my daughters friend. I don't like the colors or pattern my daughter picked out so it does not hold my interest. I will put it down and crochet something quick like barbie clothes and go back to it. I also have two blankets I made to donate, the just need the ends finished. Pretty easy to keep track of. I started crocheting when I was 20, life got busy and I stopped until I was 45. Now I stop every once in a while if things get busy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always have multiple projects going at the same time. I am involved in different crochet groups and each one has different items they need. I find by having several projects to do, I seem to accomplish more without even realizing it.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wendy! How about taking years of several times between crochet projects as life happens? Having children,divorce,10 years of single parenthood,blended family, health issues of husband,parents,and others. I always seemed to come back to crochet and have done even more since I retired about 2 years ago. I generally have at least one larger project going and might take breaks from it to do shorter fun projects. I am trying to become more proficient in knitting,also. We have a small crochet/knitting group at our small town library that meets once a week that is very helpful! Of course,I get to talking too much and have to rip out a lot of what I crochet there due to losing my focus. We have a lot of fun,though!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several items going at the same time. I have an afghan I started for my daughter and had to put aside because I didnt have enough of the color of yarn I needed. Hopefully I can finish it this year, I also have a christmas tree skirt that I started and didn't finish for the same reason. I also do different other crafts as will so I might work on one type one day, another type another day and so on. I am really amazed how much I get done doing that way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone for your help. I was doing a afghan started for my son and I have stopped crocheting it. I don't even remember how long now. It seems forever. I want to start back but I might have to try remembering what I was doing. That sounds like a very good idea to try different projects at once. I just thought maybe do one and finish before doing another.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have stopped crocheting at times. But, I did start again and now have at least two projects on the go. One project was finished last night and I have to get it ready to mail. Sometimes, we just have to make time even with all we have going on in our lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet BECAUSE things are going on in my life, I don't know know how I'd get by if I couldn't do it when things are rough. And they have been for a long time, and honestly, this year has been one of the toppers of all around bad years. Seriously, not kidding at all. But when I sit down with a hook, yarn and pattern, my physical and mental pain takes a back seat and my mind if focused on this WONderful craft called crochet. Thank God. I know that if someone is grieving they're going to have down time, or if they have surgery like I'm looking at, they'll have to stop for a while, but I truly think it's best to get back into it as soon as you can. Many studies prove that people benefit in MANY ways from crochet, relaxing, all around natural good endorphins are released and I thought all mine were gone! I hope you find many beautiful projects to do that make you very happy! Having Fibromyalgia, I find I can only have maybe 3 projects going at once because I feel overwhelmed sometimes until one gets done, so I keep a small one, a large one, and a current one only going now. Same in all parts of my life, done it bits and pieces so as not to let it pile up on me. I'd love to be doing 4-5 projects at a time but I just can't do it!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-06-2014 at 09:31 PM.

9. Thanks Dona thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Thanks for sharing! That's just inspiring hearing 3 going at once. Awesome - wow! I thought 1 at a time was good (if I keep going). Now I have no excuses. I need to just get it going.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dona! You sound like me but instead of divorce my first husband past away 6 years ago. I had three young children at the time. I then met my second husband almost a year later with a daughter. So we blended. Its been a very rough roller coaster. So I know about stopping because of lifes little bumps in the road.