Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another great idea. You are right on in the fact that the "loops" do not have to be on something round. When you take them off, they naturally go back to being round. Must be a geometry thing and I was lousy at that stuff in school lol. Thanks for your great idea. Hugs, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    A turkey baster lol... what a fantastic idea! I'm not sure if I should start with something smaller first?? Which would be better, larger or smaller? I have size 13 knitting needles, they're light weight hollow aluminum and about 12 inches long. Maybe they're not big enough? I'm a very experienced crocheter, just haven't ever tried the broomstick lace and have wanted to learn for a long time.

Thanks so much everyone for all your great advise and awesome ideas!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    For your first time, Shelley, try a larger knitting needle. It will be easier to count the loops as you take them off. Another benefit of the larger size is you get a more delicate, lacy look. I'm sure you'll do just fine once you start. Are you planning on posting a pic when you have some of the project done or even when it's finished? Hugs, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    I searched Google by typing "Broom Stick Lace Needle", and "Broomstick Lace Pin". Received oodles of sites, prices, sizes, etc. All within very reasonable prices.

5. Thanks seashells_Shelly, caroeker thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to get a pattern for broomstick crocheting. I have never done it. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I never did broomstick stitch but i found some very beautiful patterns so I do intend to try it sometime soon. I have been reading the posts on all the suggestions on what to use. There are a lot of great suggestions. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you find the patterns?

Post Thanks / Like
    caroeker - Here's the pattern for a scarf I want to make. It includes a video tutorial and a written pattern. My Michael's sells this exact same yarn. It's called Red Heart Unforgettable.

Broomstick Lace Infinity Scarf - B.hooked Crochet

Shelley

10. Thanks caroeker thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much!! I will try this after Christmas--I have a scarf to crochet and a quilt to make as gifts.