Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

working on another C2C

I ran across the color Flame in Red Heart some time ago. It's a bright orange with just a touch more red then yellow in it.
    It is a pretty shade. After finishing my other projects I dug it out this morning, I am using just a little warm brown
    And Buff with it to tone it down.

Now I am asking myself who is going to want this color combo????? It doesn't look bad, but I doubt
    It will match anyone's decor. Lol

Does any one else do things like this, or am I alone on this one. I have been moving along on this, I made 42 inches so far on the
    Corner to corner.

Happy stitching.

2. Likes Poinciana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought Flame myself. I think those colors are cool together. You never know, someone may just snatch it up, especially if the Flame makes it pop.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Judy, I personally do not think that afghans have to match anyone's "décor". Your colors sound quite uplifting and I'm sure they will be appreciated by anyone. My afghans do not stay in any one room. They are carried from room to room by the person using them. They do not 'match' anything. They're just, PRETTY. ~ Shirly

5. Likes Poinciana liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shortly, I do have someone after all who wants the orange afghan. It seems to be a color the guys like. Glad to know I have a home for it. Its about half finished now. I was drawn to this color for some reason. I am getting so many afghans I can't keep them all.

QUOTE=Shirly;148758]Judy, I personally do not think that afghans have to match anyone's "décor". Your colors sound quite uplifting and I'm sure they will be appreciated by anyone. My afghans do not stay in any one room. They are carried from room to room by the person using them. They do not 'match' anything. They're just, PRETTY. ~ Shirly[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like
    What colors are you using with yours Roe? I was thinking I should have gotten a bright green or something. But the browns tone it down just enough since it is mainly the Flame.

Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    I just bought Flame myself. I think those colors are cool together. You never know, someone may just snatch it up, especially if the Flame makes it pop.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used Flame with Camo yarn just for a bit of spark!!!!