Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What crocheted or knitted kitchen items have you made, or received as gifts?

Crocheted or knitted kitchen items are great to make for gifts, or to use in the home. I have made some dish clothes in the past. I have received towels with crocheted tops, pot holders, and crocheted coasters which was a really nice gift.

What crocheted or knitted kitchen items have you made, or received as gifts? Please share your photos here, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've made tons of dishcloths and hand towels. Also a few trivets for my kitchen counter. I've also made bath wash cloths, which I love. For those I make them a little longer, usually about 9 x 7 inches. All are out of 100% cotton. I made a set of coasters out of 100% wool and I felted them.

Shelley

3. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly I love to hear about felted mats so cool looking and a Vintage look. never did it----Yet ? Ty love to see a Pic hint !

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I do Dish Cloths, Wash Cloth's, Scrubbies 3 types, Hand Towels, Mats,Pot Holders, Pot Handle Covers & for Cover Knobs. I Donate them or in Dish Cloth Exchange. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    The only kitchen items I have done as gifts are the crocheted towel toppers.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I have done trivets, dish clothes, hot pads, placemats. I think the cutest kitchen item I received was from my husband's grandma. It was a dress for a soap bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't received any, but I've only made a couple of things... potholders and dish rags, but they weren't gifts either. They haven't even been put to use yet. I'm trying to find a good pattern that I like that is 100% functional but also a pretty design and I just haven't found the right one for me yet. I plan on making my mother-in-law a few potholders for Christmas if I can find a good enough pattern in time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I make hot pads all thru the year then take them at Christmas , put them in a stocking for each of the girls in the family. I do a lot of them sitting in dr offices. I use a double strand of yarn so they are nice and thick. Most of the girls have nice wood tables and heat from a pan will make the wax on them turn white. So far I am about 3 short. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made dishcloths for the kitchen. Am going to be working on a soap dress and some hot pads here soon.