Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the most important thing you have learned about crocheting or knitting?

There are so many things we learn in our endeavors to crochet or knit. The biggest thing for me over the years is learning the stitches and how to read the patterns.

What is the most important thing you have learned about crocheting or knitting?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there, Barbara!

For me it was to loosen up on my stitches and not keep them so tight.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    For me....it is that I can make someone happy by my gifts and handiwork. I have learn many new stitches. I have learned to relax.

4. Likes Susan2014, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me it was learning all the stitches and being able to crochet a dishrag and afghan and keeping the edges even and straight and learning how to make a hat fit right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lately, I have learned that black yarn is very hard to see and so have vowed not to make anymore black items. I'm sure I will recant the vow but not this week.

7. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have learned that is a universal art that is shared by those all over the world. To see what others have done is wonderful.

Roe

9. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    For me, I think the most important things I've learned are how to write my own patterns, and how to read the chart patterns {in turn, learning how to make/draw them as well}. There have been many patterns over the course of my 3 years of crocheting that only had the chart patterns {no written instructions available}, that I LOVED but couldn't make. Now I can go back to find those patterns and not have any barriers in the way of making beautiful crochet pieces.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hobbies View Post
    For me, I think the most important things I've learned are how to write my own patterns, and how to read the chart patterns {in turn, learning how to make/draw them as well}. There have been many patterns over the course of my 3 years of crocheting that only had the chart patterns {no written instructions available}, that I LOVED but couldn't make. Now I can go back to find those patterns and not have any barriers in the way of making beautiful crochet pieces.
    Wow, I would be so proud of myself if I had learned all that. I would just be happy if I could read the chart patterns. You have gone to a new level. Congrats on all your accomplishments.

12. Thanks Rogue Hobbies thanked for this post
    Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ! Mine is not quitting because of a memory Handicap ! Making friends and finding they like my things, learning to read patterns. Susan2014

14. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The most important thing I've learned is to enjoy what I'm creating and have fun....otherwise, what's the point?? God loves me and everyone else and that makes for a good life so I try to enjoy what I do. Most of my projects go to local nursing homes or church projects. Life is so good.....but I'm just a mortal being so the regular stuff that we all go through get to me just like everyone else. I try to keep myself going forward no matter how tiny my baby steps might be. Hugs and GB to all, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

16. Likes little drummer, Susan2014 liked this post