Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Page 7 of 8 First ... 5678 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mom taught me to crochet , when I was about 12 years old. But she couldn't read, so she could only teach me a few stitches without reading a pattern. She only taught me edgings on pillowcases , & then she would buy me all kinds of patterns she liked. Well I worked very hard at learning how to read a pattern. My Mom was so pleased with everything I learned & the harder I tried. I think that is the most important thing to me, learning to crochet from a pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the good thing is that we do not give up, we may put it down for a while, but you always go back. Have a great day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've learned that the beginning of a project may not look as expected, but in the end they usually turn out to look as they should. And, if a particular pattern just isn't working for me but I really want to make it, I can tweak it and end up with a very satisfying variation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly--thanks for being you and sharing. Barbara working on doll clothes for granddaughters taught me I could make my own patterns. I start something and never know what it will end up to be. Just found a new way to make straps for the doll's shoulders without cutting thread --making it all in one. I hope that is understandable. I can do it but writing the patterns is hard. Sleeves are hard for me. Finding there are so many different stitches in crochet than I ever thought. I thank the Good Lord that I can crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think another thing crocheting has taught me is organization. If you can't find everything you need, you don't get anything done. Having things set up in a way that works for me helps a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    There are so many things we learn in our endeavors to crochet or knit. The biggest thing for me over the years is learning the stitches and how to read the patterns.

What is the most important thing you have learned about crocheting or knitting?
    I work word search puzzles and I came across 2 words, I don't remember hearing:
    YARNING BOMBING here is one place where you can find what it means.
    Yarnbombing Los Angeles - Home

another one is:
    TAMBOUR HOOKShere is one place where you can find what it means.
    Use Tambour Hooks

I am sure there are others but this is where I found these.... These were interesting to me. I don't know if I will ever try them but I kind of know what they are if I see them again.
    charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I also like leaning these fun facts, they both look very interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

How relaxing crochet and knitting can be. Help forget all stress and exciting to complete an item for your self or a gift. My favorite thing to crochet is Angels for anyone going through difficult times. Gives me a high to hand deliver or mail, so I am always looking for new Angel patterns.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickletn View Post
    How relaxing crochet and knitting can be. Help forget all stress and exciting to complete an item for your self or a gift. My favorite thing to crochet is Angels for anyone going through difficult times. Gives me a high to hand deliver or mail, so I am always looking for new Angel patterns.
    What a sweet idea. I'm sure the recipients love them! I'll see what Angel patterns I have that I can send you.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have learned not to take my projects so seriously that I don't find the joy and relaxation I like to get when I crochet. I find sewing does this too. I don't feel my projects are perfect and I see the mistakes but no one else does so I keep my mouth shut. Giving and satisfaction are my rewards. Anita