Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  15
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree...black is the worst to work with!
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetbyruth View Post
    giggle giggle my husband is still waiting for that black vest he requested many years ago and my cousin has never gotten her black shawl. I hate black, a couple rows is ok as an accent, but never will make a complete project in black.
    Hi Ruth,
    You can also use knitting looms that you wrap the yarn around the pegs. And I've heard of arm knitting too.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, it was a bit of wisdom from my son when I asked him how he wanted the blanket I am crocheting for him to look. His response, "Dad, go where the yarn takes you."

Mike
    Go where the yarn takes you!!

4. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike, cool! From the mouth of babes.......

6. Likes Charles Voth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have learned your never too old to learn something new. I have recently tapped into technology to expand my crochet ideas, learn new techniques and watch interesting crochet tutorials. I am so glad to meet such wonderful people.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't see how any one can wear just black. Its ok . But it is depressing to me. I like bright color.

Post Thanks / Like
    black can make other colors stand out but I agree I like bright colors too.
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnny Cash was the only one who could get away with wearing black! I like black jeans. Unless you buy an outfit, black can be hard to match with another manufacturer's version of black.

Post Thanks / Like

Most important thing

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    There are so many things we learn in our endeavors to crochet or knit. The biggest thing for me over the years is learning the stitches and how to read the patterns.

What is the most important thing you have learned about crocheting or knitting?
    I really do better with complicated crochet patterns that have regular directions AND graphic charts...

Post Thanks / Like
    I completely agree with Little Drummer...
    I think the most important thing I have learned is to NOT be afraid to try new stitches and patterns, and that it is o.k. to change a pattern or combine patterns to make something entirely different. That teaching yourself how to crochet and read patterns takes time, but is all worth it when the item is completed and if at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Sometimes it means putting down what you are working on if you can't figure the pattern out and coming back to it later. It is very gratifying when an item is given away to see their faces light up in surprise" You made this? "Very worth while. Makes my heart smile!
    Last edited by Casa de Luna; 12-07-2014 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Quoted text did not show up
    If the Music is Good... Then Dance!