Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

A great idea some of can find a need for

AllFreeCrochet has this pattern out courtesy of Red Heart, and I felt I should share it here. It's a walker multi-pocket organizer! We all know people with walkers, at home or in nursing homes, who could use this. It's an easy level and looks like it wouldn't take much yarn or a long time to make. I think you'll like it, I wish I'd had it when my knee & legs messed up in July and I depended on my walker every minute. I'm able to walk in my home without it for the most part now, as long as I move very carefully, which I was already doing, lol! Anyway, hope some of you can use it for someone! Love & compassion make the world go 'round!

Post note: can be modified to for a recliner arm, hospital bed, or even as one of our members said (debbie67) she's going to modify it to fit between her own mattress & box springs - that's something a lot of us can use, or at least we know someone who can use it! Great ideas when great minds come together!!

The Best Crochet Walker Organizer | AllFreeCrochet.com

A great idea some of can find a need for-crochet-walker-organizer_large500_id-805071-jpg
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 12-04-2014 at 07:28 AM.

2. Thanks Nova55, KathyL. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting, Susan. Wow, I have an elderly neighbor who is using a walker as she recuperates from a leg fracture. It was quite a fall she had back in the summer and it's taking a long time for the healing process. The pattern you posted will make a perfect gift to make for her!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea I am relatively new to this site is there anyway to save it so I can easily find it in the future when I need it

Post Thanks / Like
    This would make a nice gift. I give a lot of my work to the hospital gift shop I'm thinking this in a nice colour might do well there. Thank you for this pattern and have a good day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC Girl View Post
    This would make a nice gift. I give a lot of my work to the hospital gift shop I'm thinking this in a nice colour might do well there. Thank you for this pattern and have a good day.
    You're welcome, when I saw this, I knew a lot of people could use it! Incl myself until my leg gets better. You have a good day too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie67 View Post
    Great idea I am relatively new to this site is there anyway to save it so I can easily find it in the future when I need it
    DEBBIE, I'D JUST COPY AND PAST THE LINK ONTO YOUR OWN PC AS A BOOKMARK. Sorry my caps were on, it's been a hectic day, I wasn't yelling at you, lol! Barb the Modertor might have a way for you to save it on here or a place she might want to put it besides her as well to save it, but I don't know about that. I'm glad you can use it, if you think about it, it could be adjusted to fit over the side of a sofa or recliner pretty easily!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Thanks for posting, Susan. Wow, I have an elderly neighbor who is using a walker as she recuperates from a leg fracture. It was quite a fall she had back in the summer and it's taking a long time for the healing process. The pattern you posted will make a perfect gift to make for her!
    GREAT!! I was telling Debbie that I bet it could be modified to go over the arm of a recliner or even a hospital bed too! I like your signaure, I think I've lost my horse....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC Girl View Post
    Oh, that would be amazing, what a good way to use it well! I might as well tell you what I just posted to a couple of other ladies... I bet it could be modified for a recliner arm or hospital bed side! Take care, good day to you too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to modify it to go between my mattress and box spring to hold my crochet hooks, scissors, tape measure. I do a lot of crocheting in bed due to my health. Then my aunt volunteers at a rest home, I'm going to make some for her to hand out there. Thanks for the pattern and the suggestion for saving it. I should have thought of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie67 View Post
    I'm going to modify it to go between my mattress and box spring to hold my crochet hooks, scissors, tape measure. I do a lot of crocheting in bed due to my health. Then my aunt volunteers at a rest home, I'm going to make some for her to hand out there. Thanks for the pattern and the suggestion for saving it. I should have thought of it.
    Hey, GREAT idea Debbie, that's some smart thinkin there lady! I never am comfortable in bed no matter what, nor sitting, nor standing, really, I need to levitate, lol... it's really awful, but my best seats are going between my dining room chair, rocking chair, and high back wide seat office chair! I crochet in the office chair and it's pretty nice.W My husband got it for him at a thrift store of all places & it has tons of adjustments on it, I wish we had two!! He kindly sacrificed it for me. We need a new sofa terribly bad, but then I need a camera and lots of other things we won't be getting too..blah blah blah...sorry....

anyway, maybe you could share some of your modifications with us so we can pass them along, there are so many bed ridden and people like you who do stay in bed to be comfortable, I did in fact try crocheting in bed but it hurt my shoulders This is what these groups are for, to put our heads together and come up with great ideas to share!!!