Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  32
Page 3 of 12 First 12345 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Bless you Susan2014, I, too, have painful hands because of RA but can't seem to be able to give up the hook though :P, it keeps my mind off worldly stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Made Barbie clothes

Do you crochet with thread?-100_0005-jpg Do you crochet with thread?-100_0013-jpg Do you crochet with thread?-100_0023-jpg Do you crochet with thread?-100_0022-jpg
    A couple years ago, I decided to give it a try. I usually use 4ply yarn. Had a bunch of patterns for Barbie doll and a granddaughter turning 8. Got started and didn't stop for quite a while, made a lot more than the couple outfits I planned on. It turned out to be a lot of fun, Used beads to decorate and make matching jewelry. Made sweaters and jackets out of baby yarn, a jewelry box out of match boxes. Used washed, Styrofoam trays to put each outfit on, and filled a large, grocery, paper bag. She loved them and laughed that it was a never ending sack, there were more and more, (I think nearly 2 dozen). She still talks about them, and plays with them. Adding a few pictures of my favorites.
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you crochet with thread?-100_0002-jpg 

3. Thanks aporfirio thanked for this post
    Likes Pixieglitter, spoula liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I now love working with thread! The biggest adjustment was using small hooks but now they are so easy for me. I don’t use the finest size 30 thread as my senior eyes can’t seem to find stitches too well; size 20 is my favorite. I make a lot of name doilies and my husband frames them - they make wonderful special gifts. People have also hired me to make them for gifts. In order to use scraps of thread from my projects I made bookmarks for mom’s/dad’s last year and gave out on Mother’s/Father’s Day at Church. They all liked them and still use them. I have a dress pattern I want to try, however I have no neck or arm shaping experience so really must practice a lot before I give it a chance. I still enjoy yarn projects in winter, but thread is my favorite.

5. Likes aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Magic Crochet was United Kingdom publication and was discontinued in 2005. They can still be found in thrift stores – at least that is where I have found some. The following are some US publications:
    Crochet!, Crochet Today!, Crochet World, Quick & Easy Crochet and Interweave Crochet Magazine – If you search web for the name you should be able to find how to subscribe.

I did find vintage web selling Magic Crochet Magic Crochet Magazine, Up To 70% Off Magic Crochet Magazine, Compare and save - compare99.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Lissacc! Your doll cloth are wonderful!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

8. Thanks Lissacc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Afay! I am addicted to doilies too. Will you show your works?
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always loved to crochet with thread and still do but I have arthritis in my fingers and find it hard to do any crocheting to speak of any more. So sad. I love the look of the thread designs and enjoyed the challenge of making them as pretty as they were in the pictures.

11. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lissacc,

Your doll clothes are beautiful! I love the patterns you used. Thanks for sharing with us!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

13. Thanks Lissacc thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    It's not easy to crochet with thread. I'd rather crochet with yarn.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rogue,
    Are you teaching crochet?
    Jean