Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  32
Page 2 of 12 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started out with crochet thread Christmas ornaments and graduated into worsted weight yarns, but I find myself going back to the thread/light weight yarns. We'll see!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tried yet but just got some thread so going to try it. I found some doll clothes that made from thread and some real pretty doilies so I am going to try working with it once I get done with all my other projects

Post Thanks / Like

I love to crochet with thread

Crocheting with thread has to be my favorite. I like to experiment with different patterns. I have a favorite Christmas project I really enjoy crocheting. It is a rotating lighted christmas tree. I have made several of these as gifts, and still have not made one for myself!

4. Thanks Poinciana thanked for this post
    Likes aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love crocheting with # 10 thread & #7 or #6 hook.

6. Thanks Poinciana thanked for this post
    Likes aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I was taught by my mother when I was about 9 years old to crochet with thread and a small steel hook. I like to crochet with thread/steel hook and yarn/large hooks. My preference depends really on what kind of project I am interested in at the time.
    ---HarriEtta

8. Likes aporfirio liked this post

Moved to Vacaville, Ca, now in Sacramento
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just started a project with thread and I am liking it alot. My mom used to use thread for booties. I learned to make booties with yarn so I can make a pair in about an hour. I have a pattern that I am going to try for a very special baby to come. I like them both.

10. Likes aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have crocheted with thread but I do prefer to use yarn. It all depends if I find a pattern I like or if someone asks me to do something with thread. Mostly, I use yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't like crocheting with thread for a long time. But I've discovered that it wasn't the thread size but the fact that cotton thread doesn't "give" like yarn (I don't like most cotton yarns either.) A couple of years ago I picked up a ball of Bernat Handicrafter size 5 acrylic thread because it had a color that I wanted for an embellishment and found that I liked it. I have since found some patterns that use a size g hook with size 5 thread - I have made scarves and am doing a shawl - and I love it! It also helps that I have "discovered" the Clover hooks with something to hold on to than a steele hook.

13. Likes aporfirio liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love working with #10 thread and a #7 steel hook. I have made many name doilies for gifts. I usually mount them on matting paper and frame them. The first things I made with thread were doilies. I've made many of them also. I want to try my hand at crocheting over Christmas ornaments with thread.
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

15. Likes Poinciana, aporfirio liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned to crochet with yarn, but loved the intricate designs in thread and doily work. So I got some size 10 thread and a 6 or 7 hook and picked a simple pattern to try, I haven't looked back since, as they say. My aunt gave me some decorative crochet and Magic Crochet magazines that were full of doilies using international symbols, which I really like. I think the magazines were first published in France???? They had designers from Japan and other countries. Some were by Elizabeth Hiddleson. I would love to find back issues, if they are available. Do they still publish these magazines?

17. Likes aporfirio liked this post