Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't you just love getting together with friends and crocheting. I belong to two local groups, one is just crocheters and the other is knitters and crocheters both. We have so much fun and I love seeing what others are making.
    Happy Hooking,
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBelleMari View Post
    On Tuesday evenings I go crochet or knit at a little store with about 20 other "Happy Hooker" what a great group of ladies. Most if not all are making gifts to share.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I just recently found out that our oldest daughter is having a boy in June. The first boy in this family. Everyone is ecstatic! So...I am making a baby boy christening set in minty green and a baby blanket with the pattern called Ocean Waves Baby Afghan from Lion Brand in colors hiking ,heather & kelly green. I am also planning on making some baby washcloths, a burp pad and a romper bonnet set called Ducks in a Row in Hooked on Crochet! August 2007 issue.
    My youngest daughter is graduating from high school May 13th and I am making her some bracelets. I found a real cool bracelet pattern on line called "Marni Bracelet" that is made with chain that I just know she will love. She loves different stuff and my middle daughter is having a birthday the 17th of April and I'm thinking she might like one too so...I am busy, busy, busy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the new baby boy coming into your family. Everything sounds lovely that you have picked out to make for everyone.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I crocheted a skirt for one of my granddaughters. It was three colors: hot pink, turquoise, and a multicolor yarn with the pink and turquoise. It turned out really cute - the colors made ruffles, like a flamenco dancers. I didn't put the elastic in the waistband because I didn't want it too tight. My daughter thought that was great. I gave her the leftover yarn and she made a belt she could tie to fit. She can wear it for several years. If she still wants to wear it after she gets taller, we can just add another ruffle. This granddaughter thinks all of her sweaters and such were "Grammy Made". She also has her mother call me so she can place her order for the next sweater, dress or whatever she "needs".

Post Thanks / Like
    The afghan I am working on now is red. The pattern is from Red Heart that I downloaded from their from their web site. It is super easy - double crochets and treble crochets - and Free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted but I wanted to pop in & say hello, I am currently working on two pacifier holders along with making a diaper wreath for one of my Son's friends who is like a son also to me. They are expecting their first baby on my birthday in August so I am just thrilled. They just found out they are having a boy so I am busy making things for them. I am also working on a baby blanket & matching pillow & soon will be making a diaper cake to go along with everything else, this time I am thinking I want to put a train on top of the cake. I think they will really like it & can't wait to give all these things to them (along with all the other gifts I already have lol). Sorry I haven't been online lately I have been setting up a craft room for myself so I can hopefully in the near future start selling my crochet work again. I had so much fun doing it before & would really like to get back into it. We were actually thinking of moving to Cali so I had packed up almost the entire house, but for now we have decided just to stay here (which is really depressing) so I turned the main room into my craft room & have been extremely busy getting all my craft stuff unwrapped & put away & it's so nice to actually have a place where I can leave my unfinished projects out & not have to worry about them. I am really excited about the way the new room is comming along I have wanted a place to do all my crafts for so long & now I actually have a place & been having a blast. I wish that I could invite all of you over so we could have a nice crochet-a-thon that would make it perfect, I feel as tho you are all here at least through my laptop & I look forward to hearing from all of you on what your future crochet projects will be. Until then I hope you all have a wonderful day & many hours of crochet time. Your Crochet Friend Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    Patti, Your crochet room sounds delightful...enjoy. All of your projects sound great and you make me feel almost lazy! LOL. It would be neat if you could post some pics of your "crochet haven" when you get it done.
    IreneH

Post Thanks / Like
    Irene, thank you for your sweet & quick response, I have been a busy little beaver lately lol & I am sure you are anything but lazy I just had to find something to do to keep me from going crazy with all my craft stuff packed up lol. I will try to get some pictures of my "crochet haven " as soon as I finish getting everything put away where it belongs, still having a struggle trying to figure out where everything should go for easy access & I would like to get an area set up to stage all the things I will need to send out when I get back to selling & hopefully get some pictures of my projects to share with all of you. It's still a work in progress as far as the room goes but it is actually comming together more everyday so it keeps me motivated to do more each day. I have however figured out that I'm not 20 anymore lol, but I am having fun so that's the main thing I guess. What are you currently working on? I just finished the other pacifier holder so now comes the fun of finishing up the diaper wreath, I have all the ribbon on it & curled so the hard parts done (if you can call it hard lol) now comes the fun of deciding what to put on it. I am open to suggestions if anyone cares to put any input in. I have decided to put a small blue fuzzy teddy bear in the center to sit on the bottom half of the ring & he is the perfect size but that is pretty much as far as I have gotten so far on it & I really need to finish it so I can start on the other projects I have planned. Plus both my Grandaughters are waiting on their teddy bears, & of course Grandmama can't keep them waiting to long . How is the weather over on the east coast? I have a sister who lives in Mass. but I haven't had a chance to talk to her in a few days. The weather here in oregon is trying to decide what it wants to do, so far it's spent quite a few days raining (still) & then we will get a couple of nice days to keep us webfooted peoples hoping spring is almost here. It hasn't felt like it to much yet. Well I suppose I should get back at it for awhile, it was nice to talk to you Irene & I hope we can chat again soon. Take care, your crochet friend Patti

Post Thanks / Like
    BamaBelleMari That sounds like fun I have five older sister and no one like to do crafts. I would love to join a group like that.
    Last edited by missybfw; 04-17-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patti and all: The weather is so weird here in Maine...in the 80's the past 2 days (way too early), but going back into the 40's this weekend w/ rain-which we are desperately needing. I am finishing up a baby blanket for the Linus Project. I've got an opportunity to join the Prayer Shawl Ministry at our Parish and am going to check that out Saturday. I've not made these shawls before, but I've looked at the patterns and see no reason why I can't get one done. From there, I've got lots of patterns for holiday crafty things to try. I've got 2 great-nephews/nieces that I want to do afghans for, so I don't believe I'll be bored. LOL. Have a great week.
    IreneH