Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 10 of 11 First ... 891011 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=billieconrad;11819]
    Quote Originally Posted by crjc View Post

Theresa, I added a post with some websites about the necklaces but forgot to put it with your quote. Scroll a few and you will find it.
    I found the link above - thanks! They are definitely interesting. I was picturing something more like a choker. I'll bet these fly off the shelves with the younger generation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Irene-
    We love it here. I am originally from a small town in Kansas near the Nebraska border but we moved to the K.C. area in 2001 for me to go to college and complete my bachelor's degree. We ended up settling here b/c we loved it so much. Whenever I go visit back home it's just not the same anymore. We always yearn to go back to K.C. where we've made it home. It's good to meet other people from here as well. There is a kinship that's for sure.
    I bet it's beautiful in Maine! Never been there tho.
    Happy Crocheting to you too!
    Angel

Quote Originally Posted by ihasenbank View Post
    Donna & Angel,
    This has nothing to do w/ crocheting...but you two made me "homesick" when I read you are from KC. I'm a born and raised Topekan! I feel like I'm talking to neighbors. Happy crocheting from Maine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bama,

The baby sweater pattern I use is Cats-Rockin-Crochet Fibre Artist.: Cat’s One Piece Wonder, Baby Sweater/Cardigan 0 to 3 months

I don't have a hat pattern and the booties I made were knitted (very slowly and painfully!!)

Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ihasenbank View Post
    Donna & Angel,
    This has nothing to do w/ crocheting...but you two made me "homesick" when I read you are from KC. I'm a born and raised Topekan! I feel like I'm talking to neighbors. Happy crocheting from Maine.
    Hi Irene,

We moved here from Iowa 22 years ago and really love KC! Don't know much about Topeka - except to drive through it in I-70!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on a granny square bedspread for my granddaughter. She loves pink, and it is made of five shade of pink. By the time I am done, I will never make granny squares again. 64 of one shade, 48 each of two other shade, 32 of another, and 36 of another. Good thing I like pink of any shade. Seriously, I can't wait to see her face when she sees it on her bed. I love to crochet. My post has nicholasdaniel, but my name is Judy. that is my oldest grandson's name.
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 05-23-2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: name

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judy-My name is Angel. That's funny. I can relate. I made an afghan with 168 flowers and I felt the same way. I never wanted to make another flower again! They weren't small flowers, they were big flowers, then I had to put them all together and then make a huge border around the outside. I have to say it turned out gorgeous but oh my gosh...a lot of work! I am sure your afghan will be goreous as well. I never made it for anyone...I just loved the way the pattern looked. It drapes across the back of my couch. It was a personal project so I added my own personal touch and it's definitely an original! No one else has one like it in the world!
    Anyway, your afghan sounds great!
    Angel
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholasdaniel View Post
    I am working on a granny square bedspread for my granddaughter. She loves pink, and it is made of five shade of pink. By the time I am done, I will never make granny squares again. 64 of one shade, 48 each of two other shade, 32 of another, and 36 of another. Good thing I like pink of any shade. Seriously, I can't wait to see her face when she sees it on her bed. I love to crochet. My post has nicholasdaniel, but my name is Judy. that is my oldest grandson's name.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is going to look great. But when I think of sewing them all together ----------!!! I've made lots of afghans, but they've been all one piece. I've made fingerless mitts. I just love to crochet. The next afghan is to be of bronco colors for my 12-year-old grandson, Nicholas. Thank you for your encouragement. I bet your afghan of flowers is just beautiful. It blooms all year long!
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 05-23-2012 at 09:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently, I am working on a prayer shawl to add to others made by our crochet group for charity. So many lovely shawls have been crafted. When I am finished, I will start one for my daughter. This is the first time she has ever requested a crocheted item so I want it to be very special. Of course, the ones we make for charity are all special too.

Post Thanks / Like
    My best and longest friends daughters getting married and I'd love to crochet her a prayer shawl but I haven't seen many patterens. Any help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jo-Ann's had an Annie's Attic booklet of prayer shawls entitled Quick to Stitch Prayer Shawls with 8 patterns in it and prayers. Also, today I borrowed a book from our local library entitled Crochet prayer shawls 15 wraps to share by Leisure Arts. This book will be especially easy to use since it will lie open due to the way it is made. And keep in mind you can just use your favorite stitches and make a shawl in the size you desire. There are also many, many free patterns online. Try the yarn maker's sites and just type in shawls. Remember to include a prayer. Good luck in finding just what you want!