Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  44
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Everyone, I finally have my daughters scarf of many colors done. I will put up a picture if I can figure out how to do it. I'm not computer literate, and about the only thing I do really well on a computer is to mess it up, and then not have a clue what I did. That wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to ask my hubby to fix it. Anyway as soon as I figure out how to post a picture I'll put up one of the scrf.

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed your granny rectangle and the similarity. I actually weave in the ends, however. I used the Clover bent-tipped needles and they make the job infinitely easier, but it sounds like you have an interesting alternative figured out. I definitely use square knots to join my scrap yarn balls. Only thing that does the trick.

Post Thanks / Like
    @crochetbug- I adore that handbag. It is so cute and I love the way you blended the colors of the scraps you had. Bravo!

Post Thanks / Like
    When you have as many scraps as I do, you have a lot of choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats awesome we would like to see if you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a certain pattern you use? I like your "scrap-ghan" and would love to make one if I had the pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re the scrapghan, I just make one HUGE rectangular granny. You can find a tutorial on how to make a rectangular granny. However, I devised my own method. I crochet a chain (I forgot how many stitches I used, but if it's too many stitches you can rip it out backward) then, just like the traditional granny square, I make *3 dc, ch. 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in the end stitch*, which creates the corners, skip 2 ch 3 dc in the next ch, sk 2 ch, 3 dc in the next, sk 2 ch and make the next corner (between the *'s) then continue along the other side of the chain in the same manner. I prefer not to do a ch 1 between the sets of each 3 dc clusters as it makes it too holey.

8. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Humble !!! Senior Sue here. I see Mamma22 has her version down. Im making one, learn your rectangular and a piece of cake / rectangle. Silly old lady I am. Good luck & let us know how it goes OK ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mamarose22 View Post
    Re the scrapghan, I just make one HUGE rectangular granny. You can find a tutorial on how to make a rectangular granny. However, I devised my own method. I crochet a chain (I forgot how many stitches I used, but if it's too many stitches you can rip it out backward) then, just like the traditional granny square, I make *3 dc, ch. 2, 3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in the end stitch*, which creates the corners, skip 2 ch 3 dc in the next ch, sk 2 ch, 3 dc in the next, sk 2 ch and make the next corner (between the *'s) then continue along the other side of the chain in the same manner. I prefer not to do a ch 1 between the sets of each 3 dc clusters as it makes it too holey.
    What an awesome idea. I've always wondered how to do a rectangular granny. I'm going to make one. I also want to try the bavarian stitch to make an afghan. Another good way to use of odds and ends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone....I have been so busy these days, making frill scarves. Have done about 20. Is that yarn ever addicting! I have experimented with starting the scarf with fewer stitches (knit) and slowly increasing until I have the number of stitches in a row that I want. Whenever I see a new color or yarn type, I grab a ball and away I kn it! Be aware if anyone hasn't noticed, that some of the yarn skeins have a small defect or have a knot. I have solved my problem with that by untying the knot and overlapping both ends and continue with the next stitch or row. I also have been starting and finishing them by making a knot and fastening it into a small ball, then using corresponding thread, I make sure the knot is secure by making a few sewing stitches . This finishes the scarf much better than just letting the cut edge leave untouched. Am I fussy? I don't know, but I personally like neat work. Has anyone tried these by crocheting?