Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you use multicolored yarn for?

i have a ton of multicolor yarn. i buy it because i love the colors but now that its home i have no idea what to make with it! how do i decide what would look good? i like making hats, bags, bracelets, headbands, those kinds of things. but I'm looking for something different i guess!

So what do you use multicolor yarn for?

2. Likes Jerry31557, lamblor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

I love multicolored yarn. I have made a cell phone holder and am also working on a scarf for my daughter when I have time. Here is a link to the cell phone pictures:

http://crochettalk.com/pictures/757-...ne-holder.html

I have recently bought some plain colors, but have not started on a project with them yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scarves, hats, mittens, potholders, all sorts of things work well in multicolored yarn. Do you have a young lady in your life who might appreciates a purse or a cozy throw-sized blanket? Of course I have no idea what the colors are so maybe it would be more suited to a young man!

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I make all kinds of thins with multicolored yarn! I make things for children and this yarn is ideal for that! Have you thought about making a teddy bear with it? I've made a few and they are very cute!

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love multi coloured yarns! I make everything with them.. baby blankets, scarves. poncho's. Really whatever I feel like making, they can make a really interesting pattern as your work progresses. If I don't like how it looks after a little bit I take it apart and try something different.

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You all are so good. I always look for the multicolors. If I make a blaket I try to get at least two colors to match. All the yarn companys have a chart. Ive downloaded them and take them with me if I know ahead of time. So enjoy they are right sometiomes you get the most wonderful patterens without trying.

11. Likes karen daniel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billiebob View Post
    You all are so good. I always look for the multicolors. If I make a blaket I try to get at least two colors to match. All the yarn companys have a chart. Ive downloaded them and take them with me if I know ahead of time. So enjoy they are right sometiomes you get the most wonderful patterens without trying.
    Hello - I am assuming that you downloaded the charts from online? I really never thought of doing this. This is a great idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use them for a ripple afghan w/ matching main color.

14. Likes billiebob, karen daniel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi hippyhooker! maybe crochet a cheveron or a shell stitch blanket. or crochet a sweater out of granny squares. on you tube yolandasololopez has a video on this, the only thing is i would do more squares and crochet some long sleeves for it. maybe crochet some pillows!
    Quote Originally Posted by thehippyhooker View Post
    i have a ton of multicolor yarn. i buy it because i love the colors but now that its home i have no idea what to make with it! how do i decide what would look good? i like making hats, bags, bracelets, headbands, those kinds of things. but I'm looking for something different i guess!

So what do you use multicolor yarn for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Find colors that match what's in your multicolored skiens and do a ripple or striped afghan working in all colors