Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: yarn curling up

Post Thanks / Like

Question yarn curling up

I am asking anyone if they ever experience curling when working on a hat, It's a knight helmet, and I have followed the directions to a tee, but it curls up I am ready to rip it apart, what am I doing wrong? I"ve already got 70 HDC, I will await your alls response..........Mary

I know I didn't make this clear enough..I"m making a beanie type hat, and after 70 rows when I start the HDC stitched all around, the hat looks like a roller coaster, instead of lying flat or curving under. I want to know what I did wrong or will it be ok after I keep crocheting the rows on it...thank you........Mary
    Last edited by bittersweet152; 09-18-2014 at 07:48 AM. Reason: making question clearer?

Post Thanks / Like
    My first guess would be the tension may be a little tight. Try going up one size and loosening up on your tension slightly. Hope this helps.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for answering. This is why I don't understand..I"m a very loose crocheter. I am using an H hook, which I use for just about everything. I"m about at my wits end. I rip it out and start again. again thank you so much..My name is Mary

Post Thanks / Like
    What size hook does it call for? Does it call for an H hook? It does sound like your tention is to tight.. Most of the hats I have made usually called for an I hook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, thank you for writing..I didn't look at it good, I really need my glassses changed, it does say an I, but i'm scared to death it will be way too big for the person...because I crochet so loose, but thank you for bringing that to my attention..It does say an H, but i'm sure that is for the mask..Here I go again!! ha ha..I love your name, I adore MeerKats too.

[/B]