Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

What crochet charities have you been involved with?

Crochet charities are many and they are a great way to get involved in helping others. Here is your chance to tell us what crochet charities you have been involved with by making projects, telling others about the opportunity, or however you have been involved.

So, what crochet charities have you been involved with, or would like to let others know about?

Post Thanks / Like
    I started going to Project Linus meetings in 2012 after I broke my hip. We meet once per month at the local library. Many of the gals work on quilts but I crochet afghans and blankets to give to NICU's/hospitals, correctional facility, boys home, Lutheran Social Services. I believe in their newsletter that our PL group had given 2500 quilts/afghans in 2013!

3. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Likes Linda D. Mitzner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I belong to the Maria Regina Church Prayer Shawl ministry so I do prayer shawls. Am also involved in the Life Member Pioneer Hobby Club (retired telephone employees and others who would like to join us) and we do all sorts of crochet projects, from baby items to lap robes to hats and scarves, whatever the need is. I also am involved in a once a year event that my friend runs for Bridge of Life, I crochet afghans for all ages since different outreaches come together to select items needed for their particular church and then they are distributed to those referred by a social worker. In the past two years I donated 20 afghans and a lot of hats and scarves. They actually take other items from strollers to baby toiletries to clothing, anything that may be needed. Unfortunately, due to economic situations, the need is not just for new mommies but for families.

Roe

5. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    None so far. I am always behind with "orders" from my family and friends. Can't keep up. Most of those amigurumi's the way I make them they do take time.. And my fingers, hands hurts. I do those stitches very tight. Many times I need to take a couple or few days off.
    Krys
    PS: I need to make a "tunnel" and yes with toys for my daughters cat. That tunnel it will be easy on my fingers . But that tunnel will need to wait.

7. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    After Holiday's I am thinking to start making Lovey's for little children. To donate them to local hospitals. I have two of them in my area. I do have a nursing home about 4 blocks from me. I probably should go and visit that place. They probably could use my crocheting skills. Maybe not LOL.
    Krys

9. Thanks dancingbaehr, Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, the other day I saw a little news report that shelters for animals were wanting little nests made of soft yarn and shaped like little hats with the rim for baby birds that they were taking care of! A good way to use up bits of yarn!!!!

11. Thanks dancingbaehr, Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm involved with doing crocheted hats,gloves, and scarfs for elementary and middle schools around here and do toys for "toys for tots". I started doing these projects 10 or yrs. ago. When I found out, the schools needed help to keep the kids warm. Because some parents couldn't afford things like that. Plus,winter coats. So, I donated 4 coats. The toys for tots,started with Dollar general doing it for the children. Then, they stopped doing it a few yrs. back. Now our local bank does it and glad too. Because these children need our help.

13. Thanks dancingbaehr, Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We do the crochet prayer shawls through church, make hats for the cancer center at our local hospital, crochet hats,gloves, and scarfs for elementary school kids and "toys for tots", Relay for Life (a branch of the American Cancer Society)

15. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't done any donating to organizations yet, but I make things to give to people all the time. For the time being, that is enough for me. I have been thinking I'd like to make the hanging organizers you hang on walkers and take them to a nearby nursing home. Either that or lapghans for the homes.

~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

17. Thanks Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not done any charities yet. I really have not had a lot of time with all the doctor appointments and surgeries and not enough yarn to really make a lot of things. I want to make hats and scarves and gloves for the homeless and needy in our area and once I get enough yarn to do them I would like to make lapghans and holders to put on the elder people's walkers to hold the items so they don't have to carry them.

19. Thanks Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post