Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I teach a crochet class at our local Senior Center, and we make lap afghans for Veterans' hospitals, prayer shawls for our local Hospice, and hats for various hospitals.

2. Likes dancingbaehr, Linda D. Mitzner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Project Linus. I'm always crocheting blankets :-)

4. Likes dancingbaehr, Linda D. Mitzner, Lili liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I make shawls for my church's prayer shawl ministry, blankets, lapghans and hats/scarves for the local VA hospital, baby hats for the VA hospital, and mats for the local animal shelter. I do make some items for family and friends, too, but mostly charity!

6. Likes dancingbaehr, Linda D. Mitzner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

crochet chaities

Our United Methodists Women's group (7members) has knitted and crocheted several prayer shawls. We lay hands on the finished shawl praying that the recipient is comforted and healed. We have given to cancer patients who say they are always cold during treatments. Also we have given them to one's who have lost loved ones. Nothing is more comforting than to know you are loved, you're not alone, and God cares.

8. Likes dancingbaehr, Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My crochet class and I are making hats, scarves, blankets, etc. for cancer patients and for shelters. One of these days we may also make nests for baby animals at a wildlife center that I can't currently remember the name of, but I have the address written down somewhere.

10. Likes Linda D. Mitzner liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I crocheted all summer, and just turned in 13 crib size blankets to the local Linus Project. I've also made hats for several orphanages in Africa that some friends in our church sponsor/support. I also read with kids in a nearby elementary school 2 mornings a week. Lots of fun!

12. Likes Lili liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Soooo nice to hear others who crochet for Project Linus. Such a worthwhile charity!

Post Thanks / Like
    There are only about 6 crocheters in the Linus group I belong to. It would be nice if more would join us-and I think if the Linus folks would say a bit more about crocheters and knitters, and that they would be welcomed to the group that would help a LOT, in my estimation. I'll keep crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    My group has done lapghans for local nursing homes, Red Scarf Project, baby hats in different colors for hospitals (they use different colors for different afflictions) Such as purple for Shaken Baby Syndrome and others. We also make KinderHats for our local Kindergartens. Hats for the homeless, we sent up a mixed package of hats, scarves and afghans to the Hurricane Sandy victims in NJ where my son lives.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have made several baby blankets for the Touching Little Lives at our church. They send them to the hospitals in our area.

17. Thanks Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post