Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Disappointing Pattern

I've seen this pattern the past couple of years and have always loved it. But I think there's a serious flaw beginning in row three. I've tried and tried and just can't get the shells to line up.

I'm a fairly experienced crocheter and I hate it when the pattern doesn't work out right. I wanted to make this beautiful shawl for my sister for Christmas. I guess it's pattern beware...

Simple One Skein Wrap | FaveCrafts.com

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you try going back to the site to see if others had this problem with that pattern? Sometimes chatter gets started and corrections are made. Worth a try anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley
    I came a cross few patterns like that. I guess everyone did. You just need to figure it out how to fix that problem.
    Good Luck
    Krys
    PS: It is a beautiful shawl.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did look at the comments on the site and there's nothing there about others having the same issue. I'll try to work around it and make it come out right. It's just so frustrating to have to keep pulling out my stitches.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I ran into that from Favecrafts, too. Someone botched the typing and sc became dc, etc. I did find the original pattern on the designer's site and I told Favecrafts about it, but they didn't care. Anyway, try going here for the pattern - One Skein Wrap | Yarnspirations. This should be the original pattern and hopefully it doesn't have the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Nova55;144319]I ran into that from Favecrafts, too. Someone botched the typing and sc became dc, etc. I did find the original pattern on the designer's site and I told Favecrafts about it, but they didn't care. Anyway, try going here for the pattern - [url=http://www.yarnspirations.com/one-skein-wrap.html]One Skein Wrap | Yarnspirations[/url]. This should be the original pattern and hopefully it doesn't have the problem.[/QUOTE]

Were you able to get it to open? I keep clicking on it and it comes up with a blank page.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova55 View Post
    I ran into that from Favecrafts, too. Someone botched the typing and sc became dc, etc. I did find the original pattern on the designer's site and I told Favecrafts about it, but they didn't care. Anyway, try going here for the pattern - One Skein Wrap | Yarnspirations. This should be the original pattern and hopefully it doesn't have the problem.
    When I clicked on that link I got to that site. They are selling yarn & hook for that shawl. It says free pattern. But, when it comes to download that pattern, it dosn't work. It says: "Can't open this file" & "There is a problem with file format".
    Just to let you know.
    Krys
    Last edited by Polishgirl; 09-04-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Polishgirl;144335]When I clicked on that link I got to that site. They are selling yarn & hook for that shawl. It says free pattern. But, when it comes to download that pattern, it dosn't work. It saus: "Can't open this file" & "There is a problem with file format".
    Just to let you know.
    Krys[/QUOTE]

At least you got that. All I got was a blank page, thought I had to be logged in, so I logged in and still that same thing. Glad to know it wasn't just me. Thanks.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Well rats, I can't open the pattern either.

I did a Google search for "Feather and Fan" wraps and there are several other patterns that are "similar."

Shelley

10. Thanks LI Roe thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unless there is an issue with your computer, you should be able to download the pattern. On the right side of the screen it has "FREE PATTERN". Underneath that it has "description sizing download". If the FREE PATTERN button doesn't work (it did for me), then click Download. "Download in English" will come up, click that and your mini-screen to download/save should come up. Hope that helps.