Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for adding me. I am a self taught crocheter who has been at it for over forty years. Looking forward to being a part of the group.

2. Likes kiti13 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Pattim55,

Does your name mean that you're patti and you're 55? I try to figure out names when I can! Mine is from an encouraging song titled Soulshine, that tells you to lift yourself up when you're down.

You'll love it here - this is a supportive, caring group that feels like a crochet family. I joined in July and was made to feel right at home, so you've come to the right place! Lots of self taught crocheters in here, incl myself - good work, right?!

Not to jump on you but taking this opportunity to let you know I have a new blog that your experience might be helpful on. It's less than one month old and so far I've just been introducing myself and telling my story of how I learned to crochet, why I love crochet, how it's my therapy, showed some of my work and gave credit to the pattern designers, posted the videos of them or written instruction in case they'd like to make some of what I showed, gave some free patterns, put a video series of 24 lessons by thecrochetcrowd on How To Read A Pattern, for those who don't like the visual video learning method or would rather make projects from written instructions.

I've finally started with some basics of the actual lessons etc, etc. The 1st posts are full of great information already, and I'm still reading up on how to make my blog work well for me in many ways, connecting with Pinterest and fb, twitter, google+ - I went for it all! There are some great ways for that to happen! Time will hopefully get me where I want to be, and I have time! Now I'm ready to let go with the more serious lessons on all aspects of crochet, while enjoying it because after all, it's a craft, an art, an hobby that should be full of enjoyment I've got several hundred bookmarks of knowledge to draw from and I want them to learn to crochet, or learn to crochet better, passing all of their limits! No selling, non-competitive, just encouraging and helpful.....we're all in this together.

I encourage other crochet lovers who subscribe to email to me & let me post pics of their WIPs or completed work, or links or videos, things they'd like to see brought up, post their kids or grandkids recent birthday party or their favorite recipe, to get to know each other better. This is our life and crochet is a huge part of it, but we do other things from time to time too, lol, SOMEtimes! I want my readers to ask any questions they may have, and give me feedback. Interactive is what I want it to be! All contact links to me are in the blog pages under the "contact" heading at the top of every page, in case you have any questions or comments.

If you do look at it, please share the link and I'd love to have you subscribe. There are tons of blogs but there's room for more. I'm disabled and need this to focus on, and it works for me because I dearly love crochet and have time to do this. Days filled with chronic pain can drag on forever, so I can get my mind to a good place when I'm doing all of this!

My link is my signature here, under my posts. I hope you'll check it out and if you like it, subscribe on any page, then look for your 'confirm' email, confirm there so your alerts will begin. Naturally you can go back into the archives to read back to the first post, I've made 8 blog posts for far. I have a long way to to make it all nice & pretty like so many others are, but the content is the most important, as they all know too, so I think I'm on the right track.

Thx for reading this, and sorry it's so long, but I hope other people will see it too. I know it takes time but I want & need traffic to my blog! If you have a blog too, I'll add your to my list of "Sites I Like To Visit".

Susan's Soul Shines

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patti, welcome!
    If the Music is Good... Then Dance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

It is a pleasure to meet you and we hope you enjoy your time here in the crochet forums!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello pattim65,

Welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio!!! Have fun looking around and meeting all of the fun, helpful and caring people here. We especially love to see photos of each other's projects, so feel free to post yours.
    We're glad you are here!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!