Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

My new health issues

One reason I've been sort of MIA on here is my new health problems. I posted on fb so am copying this from there, about my right leg having had a strange popping feeling in the back of the knee about a month ago as I was simply walking in my house (and I walk pretty slow). Within a minute I couldn't walk at all. It was weird and happened so fast! I half crawled to the coat closet and to get my walker with wheels on it that I've only needed a couple of times so far, and have been holding onto it ever since.

I had an ultrasound of the leg to be sure there was no blood clot or Baker's Cyst, and had tons of blood work. The orthopedic doctor did more x-rays than my family doctor had done, and said what many doctors have told me over the past several years - that arthritis has set in all over my body. I have terrible foot pain in my left foot (that's my good leg now, hah), my spine is already falling apart, my head never stops hurting and I can't even turn my neck to the side to sleep well at night. Between all of that and Fibromyalgia spasms, I don't dare drive any more or get out a whole lot since we moved this spring. That just about wiped us both out and his family helped us a lot. 2014 has been very cruel to me and my husband, no doubt.

So it looks like I'm going to have knee replacement, 1st one, then the other. I sure never thought my health would be so bad at a fairly early age, but I guess 57 isn't as young as I thought it was, but I still refuse to give into my pain completely. I am going to have a life, get online, crochet (!!), just live and enjoy life with whatever quality of one I can have.

I don't heal well or fast, and Fibromyalgia causes me to have more pain in everything that happens to me. When I had oral surgery, I ended up in the hospital that night with a swollen jaw and infection had set up already. My bunion-ectomy in 1995 left me with a screw in my big toe and it has hurt every day since that surgery.

I had 8 surgeries in my 20's but I bounced back pretty well being so young, although surgery hurts a lot. I know that hip and knee surgeries are pretty successful these days and help a lot people, but I don't want to have more surgery.

I see more physical therapy in my near future, and I'd actually stopped bothering to go any more for my other chronic pain because my body couldn't take it. I do a lot of things at home that they taught me to do, but to get ready, get driven there by medical transportation and hope they get me there and on time and not make me wait all day to get picked up when I'm done, go out in this awful heat and mess up my asthma, not be able to do most of what they want me to do, then come back home hungry and having been gone most of the day, it just wasn't worth it.

I've gone so much already over the years, I've done all they can do for me there. Now I'll have to go through all that again. I did just learn that my heart valves are good and clean and strong, but my body is still retaining fluid even though they say my kidneys are fine...doesn't sound so fine to me. I want to find out why I'm having this fluid retention problem before I have surgery to be sure there's nothing there that will interfere with it.

I'm not seeing the knee surgeon until Sept 8th. but I'm trying to be positive meanwhile. That was just really bad news for me since I live in such chronic pain daily, and have for most of my adult life. Please pray for me and if you have any good news on a good ordeal your knee surgery was if you had it, I'm open for listening!

I'm sorry this was so long, but thanks for letting me share this here. Yall are a bunch of fine,caring individuals from what I've seen since I joined this site! For now, Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Susan, my heart goes out to you. I can only send prayers and good wishes your way that all goes well during your next drs appointment. I can't imagine, especially when I read about what people go through, how it feels. So far (knock wood or my head, LOL), I am good but you never know what will happen in the future. I know it is easier said than done but try and hang in there and take one day at a time. I agree, there are so many wonderful people on this site and I know they will be just as caring and hoping you will be fine. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan Hello From Susan2014 I am very sorry for all your going thru & length of time. I will Pray for you wrote your name on my List and a Rosary 2 x's a week. Wont ask any thing Im speechless, yes me you ALL !! Please keep us updated. My hear & Prayers go out to You. Luv !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending thoughts and prayers your way! Hope you get to feeling better!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear about your health . You are in my thoughts and prayers. I understand what you mean about not thinking you would have so many problems at such a young age. I am 53 and I have diabetes, Parkinson's, afib, arthritis, back problems and just recently they found 2 hernias and a mass on my left kidney. The parkinson's and diabetic neuropathy is working on my legs. They are weak so I have to use a cane right now. I was on a walker but praise the Lord He let me go from that to a cane. I can't go anywhere by myself. My mom was 58 when she passed with heart failure. she had it for 8 years before the Lord finally took her home to be with Him. I will pray that God will give you a miracle healing just like the woman with the issue of blood and all she did was touch him, and the man who could not walk and was lowered through the roof into the room with him and He healed him. God is so awesome and do anything. I am believing for you my friend that things will get better for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Roe, that's very kind of you! I can't believe I'm going thru this myself...it's been such a horribly hard year or us, it takes awhile to recover mentally and physically from the things we had happen to us (me and my husband, we're ok, it was other people causing us problems), now this is another wrench thrown in that makes our recuperation time from the bad year continue to be more lengthy with the new problems added to the existing stuff!

We live a simple, happy, peaceful life, I don't know why good people seem to get the worst of life's fiery darts, if you know what I mean. People who are selfish and uncaring often seem to flow along happily in life....they'll 'get theirs' one day but it does make you wonder how come life is easier for them!

Oh well, I do my best and live my life as I feel I should, being positive throughout the trials and keeping my faith. Best way to live happily and be happy with myself!

7. Likes Irishjl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    sonetta, God is why I've not given up with so many problems in my life, health issues, family issues, sadness and bad things to deal with and still maintain a positive attitude. God has been in my life and I've felt His power at work in my life, during divorce many years ago. He brought my husband to me, we fell in love as we met, right away, and both knew it was happening! Our 22nd anniversary comes up Sept 4th, and this man is my rock, supporter, 'soulmate', etc., he helps me beyond anything I ever dreamed I could have in my life...after I'd willingly given up on happiness and was happy enough to be satisfied with that, and I was in my early 30's.

Dale buys groceries with my list, does anything I need done, I'm like you though, don't drive and never get to browse around looking for yarn or to see what's new in grocery or other stores, or get out to go someplace other than doctors or physical therapy! We had to move 3X this year, the 3rd time put us into this really nice home with garage, pull-down attic with stairs, 2 BR, 2 bath, wow - it's like a mini mansion to us! but the toll was made on us that will last for a long time in many ways. We had Dale's family help us in every way, my kids weren't helping. Sad, and too long, that story.

The Holy Spirit comforts me, I pray daily many times a day. I hate to hear about all of your problems at your age too. I'll pray for you by name, I do it every night for people who need it. That's so sad about your mother's passing so young. My heart problem is risk of congestive heart failure from my fluid retention issue that they can't figure out. I don't want to have surgery with that unknown issue still remaining. I'm putting it all in God's hands right now because I can't do it myself.

My father passed from suicide after depression during a very long triple hernia surgery recovery when I was 16. Like me, he had a hiatal hernia that couldn't be repaired or removed, and they told him it was near bursting, so I know that bothered him terribly. He was such a workaholic, a welder & pipefitter, and I think he was afraid he couldn't support mom and me and my two younger sisters, so maybe he couldn't handle all of that - who knows?

My mother has Alzheimer's now, is in a nursing home and knows no one. She thinks the whole building is her home, and when I go visit, she looks out the window as if to see when everyone else will be arrive to eat dinner like we used to do. Now my family is torn apart and estranged, my sisters and I haven't spoken in about 5 years now. They spent mom's life insurance from her last husbands death, and I can't stand the way they did her. Attorneys are too costly to handle that, so I'll let the Lord judge them on that.

Thx for the prayers and for your nice reply. I'll keep posting about updates when I get any news, A lot of people have problems people never know of, but it's great to support and encourage each other. I feel that since god does that for me, He want me to do that for others. I'm very compassionate and would rather help others than to focus on myself. And crochet was sent to me by God, if you only knew the amazing steps that got me into crochet! I praise Him for all I am!

Take care of yourself and come to me to listen to you any time. I don't only talk, I can listen too, believe it or not!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 08-22-2014 at 06:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan I feel so blessed after reading all the ailments of everyone else. Yes, I have breast cancer at 83 and will be starting radiation treatments on Aug. 27, but I have made up my mind to be happy with whatever life throws at me. I know that in so many words, the bible says we should be happy with whatever state we're in. And that is what I am trying to do. I keep saying "no pity parties for me!"and so far I have had none. I feel that I am in God's hands and He is watching out over me every day. I thank Him for every day He has blessed me with. There are so many people that have not lived even half as long as me so I know without a doubt I AM BLESSED! He has answered so many prayers for me, I cannot thank Him enough. I am determined to keep a positive outlook on this situation I am in right now. With His help I know I will make it thru. Love and prayers to you and wishing you the best of everything in your life. You are in my prayers now. Love, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx Barbara, I really do appreciate all of the caring from you ladies in here.

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel blessed too, because God helps me deal with my problems! I know what you mean, you have a great positive attitude that is so necessary to deal with problems like your breast cancer. I'll pray that you get a total recovery through our Lord. You look so good at 83, when you feel young & act young, who cares about he age number, right?! Our health issues do not define people like us, and others - we don't let them!

God promises to answer prayers and when he sees fit, He does, the way He feels He needs to. He knows better than us, for sure! I ask for little and big things from God, He already knows what we need anyway! Thank you for you sweet reply to my post! There are so many caring & supportive people in here, it's great! God brings people into our lives for reasons, and I love that! For now.susan