Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Great find

Post Thanks / Like

Great find

After my dental appointment last week I decided to stop by Goodwill on the way home. Just as I got there the ldy was putting out some yarn that had just come in. It was all in orginal plastic like it come to the craft store ( 5 or 6 skeins in bag) , I started loading up my cart and ending up spending $50 for what would have been about $200 at Michaels. I could not believe my luck. Of course husband thought I was crazy. But I am sure I will have have fun making scarves for local charities for Christmas. Just had to share with some one who would understand my excitement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I can totally understand your excitement. I am doing a happy dance for you. I have found in my local goodwill, tons of yarn. A few weeks ago, over a two week period, if that long, I found 129 skeins of yarn. Other times I have come home with 69 at a clip and 59 at a clip. They know I look for yarn first, if you get to know them, like I have at my store, if there is any in the back and they haven't put it out yet, they will come and let me know. Keep calm and carry on with yarn!!! You can tell your hubby there are others out there like you who love yarn!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like

"Edith" of Despicable Me

Need a pattern for "Edith" pullover child sweater size 10.

Post Thanks / Like
    All of these great yarn finds are wonderful! My health doesn't allow me to drive any more so I never get to go browse yard sales or check the local thrift stores any more, and it's so fristrating. A husband can only do so much with working, helping me a much as he can, getting our groceries, etc...but he does find great grocery bargains and knows that when he can make it to those places, that yarn is #1 to find! Keep up the great work ladies!

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up another stash of yarn at Goodwill last week myself. I check every thrift store I go to for yarn but I do not quite do as good as you do. It seems everyone where has figured out the same trick. But, sometimes, I do get lucky but I am finding it harder to find pattern books. Everyone is looking for those, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to hear of all you ladies finding such great yarn deals. It is so wonderful. You can't find those kinds of deals very often. Our goodwill around here never seems to have any at all and so far this year none of the yard sales have had any but I believe very soon I will find some.