Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi CrochetKaren, Great deals you get. I will try that also. i am always on the lookout for yarn. I like the outdated colors that Red Heart used to have and they are hard to come by. I just bought a couple of new colors from Red Heart. They are icelandic varigated, bright mix, varigated, and mulberry mix, varigated. I am also getting skeins of bernat- fresh lilac-varigated . This will be pretty with tan. Red heart used to have a Varigated similar to this fresh lilac. Vornie

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SusansSoulShines;141684]Wow, where do yo live that Goodwill has that much yarn, lol?!?!!? Ours, and we have several in this area, never has any at all! Once I got some rug yarn, 2 skeins, since i plan to make a rug soon, and one only slightly dirty skein of lavender worsted weight, a new skein with a 1.87 price tag on it still from KMart. I had to pay 1.00 for it! I so desperately need yarn that you are all making me so jealous, but I'm also happy for you. Get it when & where you can!167 skeins - WOW!!!![/QUOTE]

Sorry, just saw this. I live on Long Island, NY and a Goodwill opened up about a mile from me (I know, dangerous, LOL) which is where I go the most. I was talking to one of the employees and we agree, a lot is donated from people who may have had a relative pass away and they don't crochet or knit so they donate it. which is way better than throwing it out. Sometimes it is just a few skeins, that was a good couple of weeks to find that much in a short time. You never know what you will find. I have also gotten yarn from garage sales, but yesterday I passed one while walking to the mall (where I got great clearance yarn at Walmart, no less) but when I asked if they had yarn, she said it was sold the day before. My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Sorry, just saw this. I live on Long Island, NY and a Goodwill opened up about a mile from me (I know, dangerous, LOL) which is where I go the most. I was talking to one of the employees and we agree, a lot is donated from people who may have had a relative pass away and they don't crochet or knit so they donate it. which is way better than throwing it out. Sometimes it is just a few skeins, that was a good couple of weeks to find that much in a short time. You never know what you will find. I have also gotten yarn from garage sales, but yesterday I passed one while walking to the mall (where I got great clearance yarn at Walmart, no less) but when I asked if they had yarn, she said it was sold the day before. My name is LI Roe and I am a yarnoholic.

Roe
    That is very funny: "yarnoholic".
    I think we all are: crochetoholic's, yarnoholic and patternoholics..LOL. I think 3 addictions for one person that is way to much to handle! LOL
    Krys..

Post Thanks / Like
    What a gold mine. Congratulations. I hit one a while back but not that cheap.
    God bless

CrochetDee

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, I am all three, crochetoholic, yarnoholic and patternoholic. I used to make my husband laugh when I would buy yarn (he was very supportive, thought it was wonderful that I made things for others) because I would tell him, it could be worse, I could be shopping in Tiffanys or Cartiers Jewelry stores!!!

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post

Roe
    You're very funny, Roe, lolol. I think many of us are in need of "attending meetings" for our yarn addictions!
    Karen