Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

? on heart pattern

Here's the pattern I'm Hooked!: Free Crochet Pattern: Heart Filet Block 2

I was on row 5 and took it back out to row 3 cause I hadn't crocheted to the end of the row. Anyways, the ch 1, skip next st in the pattern are the holes or spaces and by row 5 I had the 1st 2 rows of spaces or holes (the 3 sp and the 5 sp) but that is in the middle of the row and shouldn't there be holes/spaces on each side of the row? Maybe I should try this in another yarn where I can see the stitches easier.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, I just printed out the pattern will work on it . from what I'm reading looks like you always work in the stitches, it doesn't say any spaces. your chain stitches will create the spaces/holes. good luck . let you know how it comes out . I like the pattern. Love Debbie ps. hope this helps you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean, Iwas trying to do the heart pattern. here's what I came up with ? on heart pattern-heart-sq-jpg
    close up pic ? on heart pattern-img_1650-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie,
    Thanks. Also, when I crochet the 7 or 9 st at the beginning depending what row I'm on and then after the ch 1 skip 1 and it's dc for the next 7 or 9 st then I have more st before the end of the row. Anotherwords, if I start w/dc 7 on a row and then crochet the spaces/holes and then it says to crochet 7 dc at the end of the row (then I have more than 7 st at the end of the row.)
    Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Debbie. I thought the start of the pattern was the top of the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks to me like the holes at the ends of the rows are going to be made when you put the border on. However, I can't say for sure until I make one. Looks like a nice pattern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Here's the pattern I'm Hooked!: Free Crochet Pattern: Heart Filet Block 2

I was on row 5 and took it back out to row 3 cause I hadn't crocheted to the end of the row. Anyways, the ch 1, skip next st in the pattern are the holes or spaces and by row 5 I had the 1st 2 rows of spaces or holes (the 3 sp and the 5 sp) but that is in the middle of the row and shouldn't there be holes/spaces on each side of the row? Maybe I should try this in another yarn where I can see the stitches easier.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    The ch 3 at the beginning of the row is counted as a dc so when you get done w/the row and go back the other way and get to the end of that row and your back up to the 3 chains-do you crochet in the ch 3?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm !!! Well are you starting out with right amount of stitches ? When I did it I was short at end by one stitch. what I did was not read row by row . On your 3rd row count your stitches so you make your first ch space in center, then next row do a ch space before & right a bove . & after the row below. I looked at picture to see how many ch spaces was used in that row.
    I think after getting the first ch space in center it should go pretty even ? on heart pattern-img_1651-jpg Hope this helps. I'm not good at explaining. Good luck. Debbie Remember to use the center sp as a guide for the rest of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean , Yes you do crochet in the ch 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie,
    I'm not so sure I would know how to use the 1st center sp as a guide. I just follow the directions. I started it over last night and I have the right amount of stitches now. The yarn I'm using-the stitches are hard to see. I'll crochet in the ch 3 but wouldn't that make it slanted? I wanted this for someone for a wedding shower but I didn't go to the shower but I can always give it to her before the wedding or I can give it to her for the wedding along w/the doilies. I haven't started the doily w/the flower bouquet yet. and I don't know how I'm going to put the doilies together. I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes.
    Jean Marie