Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Afghan Pattern suggestions

OK, I need to make an afghan for a male. A number of the ladies in my crochet circle are making them for the local VA. I am only using one color and need to keep it simple as I want to finish quickly. I have a pattern I'm thinking about doing, the Ridged Chevron, but I'm up for other ideas. It does not have to be a "heavy" blanket as it doesn't get very cold here, so that allows for a "lacy" type pattern, but I just can't find any that jump out at me. Thanks for any ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Whenever I do lap robes or afghans for men, I usually do a ripple or chevron and do it in the back loops for texture. Or you can do v stitches, one row of dc, then one row of v's, next row of dc, and keep alternating rows, ending with a dc row. Or a large rectangular granny (I personally eliminate the ch 1 between dc groups since I like a little tighter look) may be suitable.

Just some ideas. Hopefully, someone else may have others.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Narria - Try arrow stitch as it is type of boy stitch that turn into lacy Chevron and it is a reversible stitch on both sides as it is both diffent type of arrow stitch and other side just use one string a time with other side three each. I did try this myself with that stitch and it is works for most of boys stitch...

check this http://crochettalk.com/links-and-res...tml#post137717

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions, I never thought to alternate a row of dc's with a row of v's. The only reversible blanket I ever did required two colors, I will definitely check out the Arrow Stitch. Since I also have blankets to make for Christmas gifts and church, even if I don't do one this time, I have plenty more opportunities to try one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Found this simple video to make as i did found what you were looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the corner to corner stitch. It works up rather quickly and YouTube has tutorials.

Post Thanks / Like
    never heard of the corner to corner stitch, I'll look it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Found this video lacy chevron granny