Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Which stitch you are trying to learn and fail to fail till you did learn that stitch?

What the name of stitch you try to learn and fail it till you did learn the stitch?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Crochet. I had trouble w/an alligator stitch flower. It was aggravating so I just put it down for now, because if I don't enjoy it I change to something I do. I know I can do that stitch but not on a flower until maybe after I do it on something else 1st, and I really I like the stitch so I"ll go back to it.

I'm working on 2 wraps but using different colors than the ones they used in the patterns., and I have a 3rd ready to do next in line I hope (The Flower of Life Shawl)

Right now I'm doing the Solomon's Knot, aka Lover's Knot, for the 1st time, and I really like it. I'm doing it in black to use night or day & match anything. I started it and I love the knotted stitch, it's different and can move fairly fast since you determine the size of the knot on the pattern. I'm making it for myself for fall or late summer in cool evenings when you've got something thin or sleeveless on and want to wrap a little something around your shoulders but not be too hot, as I'm so hot...very miserable in summer in fact, having Fibromyalgia, arthritis, headaches, muscle spasms, a lot of pain, etc etc. I thought the openness of the knots would be nice & cool for Menopause, too, lol!

Here is the pattern for the Solomon's Knot Wrap:
    She gets you started then you go on from there but I wish she'd do the whole thing on video. I can do written patterns and I think I have this pattern down now but still...we'll see!

This one (Flow of Life) not yet started but it's really interesting & I haven't picked my color yet:

and the other one is this pattern I'm doing in yellow & brown for a swimsuit wrap, it looks sort of like sunflowers:

I'm also working a lacy baby blanket too because I had a lot of baby yarn & have never made one. My kids had them when newborn given to me at their showers, and I still have & love them, & appreciated them from the people who made them. I'd been making a lot of small items like various flowers, leaves, hearts, etc. so I go back & forth from project to project. I wanted some wraps and some big projects for a change.

I'm a glutten for punishment, lol, but I love crochet. I sit here now ready to go back to my Lover's (Solomon's ) Knot wrap, with my moist heatt packs on my back & hips and a cold gel pack on my neck & shoulders, in pain but crocheting anyway, and talking to you all to forget my misery for a while. My muscles are having such deeply intense spasms today that I'm furious with my body for not allowing me to walk w/out this walker w/wheels, it has seat on it too. I am too young for this and have too many things I want to do and can't like this.

I have so many health problems already that it's not funny, and I learned Tuesday that I have a heart condition where the right valve isn't keeping up with the left I think they said to keep fluid pumped out so my feet and ankles have been swelling, 20 lbs of fluid last week on me, good grief, I was freaking out. I got 13 off so far with extra diuretic meds, but am going to the cardiologist next week. I am just upset about this because I suffer so much already and am not prepared for more. Sorry I ran on & on but I needed to talk. Bye for now

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't think about the videos coming up in my reply, I hope that was ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Videos are always welcome by me. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    I didn't think about the videos coming up in my reply, I

hope that was ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Having major trouble with the afghan stitch. Just can't seem to get it right but I want to learn that stitch because I love the look of it and want to make something with it. I even found a dish cloth pattern for it I am interested in.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Naztazia is a good crocheter. She does the pattern for one of the wraps I posted that I'm working on & has a lot of good online help! I love that Tunisian stitch, there are many ways to do it. This might be helpful - the Crochet Crowd has a series of 10 lessons for this stitch, here's part and you can find the rest from here, plus there are many other variations of it as well: