Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is it me?

Post Thanks / Like

Is it me?

The last few weeks I've seen many beautiful crochet projects that I would like to try, yet they are in a different language. I only speak & read English. How do I get these patterns in English?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had the same problem. I have tried to figure it out but I am not sure how to do it either. Maybe there is someone on here who would know how

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet patterns in other languages

The problem with using google translate is that it won't translate any abbreviations it doesn't know, and it doesn't know crochet terms in all the languages, not even in English. I translate patterns to and from Spanish. I also read symbol diagrams...you don't need to know another language to read those diagrams. At the end of October, Craftsy.com will be hosting my online course for reading diagrams. I am going to get a special discount code for all my friends here on CrochetTalk. If you send me a private message with a link to one of the patterns you'd like to make, and I'll see whether I can help you...even if it's in Russian or Japanese or French or Portuguese. Best wishes, CHarles
    Quote Originally Posted by ceordr View Post
    The last few weeks I've seen many beautiful crochet projects that I would like to try, yet they are in a different language. I only speak & read English. How do I get these patterns in English?

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I found on foreign blog sites about crochet, the translation doesn't change the words over to the exact ones we understand, like there is something in a pattern they call a stick that I imagine is a post, but it can make for a confusing translation!

Post Thanks / Like

Is It Me?

Thank you, to each of you who responded. At least I know it's not just something I'm doing wrong & i'm not the only one. Charles, thank you for your offer of help. I can pretty much decipher the diagrams, but just prefer not to. I was so disappointed that I just deleted the patterns. I guess I didn't want to make it bad it enough to go through the hassle. I just need to get over myself. Thank you again. If I decide to just go with the diagram & find that I'm having trouble, I will remember your offer. Blessings!