Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

How long have you been crocheting or knitting?

Hello members! This is a great time to share!

So how long have you been crocheting or knitting?

I learned to crochet when I was in college just out of high school which was maybe 28 years ago, but I am not going to tell you my age! LOL

So, how about you?

2. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started crocheting on June 23, 2011, so 3 years ago. My mother-in-law started teaching me the day my ferret died, then I looked to YouTube and finished learning myself. December 2011 I sold my first blanket, and I started making my own patterns after that {most I did not write down though, regrettably}.

Post Thanks / Like
    My mother taught me when I was a pre-teen. I am now 62 (oh no LOL) so it's a long time .

Roe

Post Thanks / Like

First afghan

My very first afghan was made in 1971 while I was expecting my first baby. It was flowers made on a loom then crocheted together. The "baby" will be 43 years old on July 4 th. I still have the afghan! Have made so many crochet items since then! My Nana would be proud!

6. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara, I think this is an interesting question and one I have asked a lot of people. I learned when I was a young teenager maybe 13. A dear older lady that was our neighbor taught me and my sister by teaching us how to do a crochet edge on a hankie! Then I would fix her hair for her at least once a week and she would teach me other things. She was a super sweet lady. I will never forget her or that she taught me to crochet!! Hugs Winnie

8. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    At least fifty-five years! Wow, that sounds like forever. It is something I still enjoy, and do almost every day. I could never seem to get it when Mother tried to teach me, then after learning to knit a little, I suddenly got the hang of it and taught myself, more or less.

10. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    My grandma taught me to crochet. I was probably a teenager or in my early 20's when she taught me. I learned to knit at church a few years ago. I would rather crochet but I do knit sometimes. Right now I'm crocheting.
    Jean Marie

12. Likes little drummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I taught myself how to crochet maybe 10 years ago or so. I used to cross-stitch, but do to changing vision, I found it increasingly frustrating, which did little to relax me, which was the whole point! Once I accepted the fact that my vision was changing, I decided to switch to a larger needle. My mother is a knitter, but I found I wasn't very good at keeping up with two needles, but that I did fine with one hook. I bought a book, and started an afghan for my husband. Since then, I've been hooked! I am still rather slow, but have discovered the delight of making baby sweaters! Next I am going to attempt a small teddy bear! Wish me luck!
    Auntie Alice

Post Thanks / Like
    50 yrs. for me. Both crochet and knitting. However I do mostly crochet now.

15. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have only been crocheting about a year. I don't know how to knit.