Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  20
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like
    My grandmother tried to teach me when I was 7 but I couldn't sit still long enough. When my daughter's 12th b-day was coming up I asked her what she wanted for her birthday. I had told her that we wouldn't be doing much for her birthday since it was the baby's first birthday and we really didn't have the money or time to do much for her's. This was said to hide the fact that we had bought her the new 12 speed bike she had been wanting for ages and ages. Sounds mean I know but she is very hard to surprise.

Anyway... she answered that she wanted to learn to crochet. This was out of the blue! I told her to pick something else since I didn't know how to crochet (no youtube, DVDs or even learning videos in those days). She answered that it was all she wanted and that it was a cheap gift (she was probably tired of the baby getting most of the attention so it was a way to get some mom time). I said "Pick something else! I don't know how to crochet!" She said "MOM! It's all I want for my birthday!!!" So I went out and bought the simplest beginner's book I could find - taught myself to crochet, then gave it, and a variety of yarns, to my daughter who ignored the book but sat with me while I taught her to crochet.

I still crochet today and she is 35. She still enjoys it too but doesn't crochet near as much as I do. Sometimes I'm so glad she is sooo stubborn. Sometimes.
    Last edited by Casa de Luna; 07-29-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

how long I have been crocheting?

Hello my name is Pat. I have been crocheting since I was 8 years old. So I have been crocheting for 60 years and still love it.
    I like to do cutesy items for the grandchildren and baby hats that our group donates to our local hospital. other than that always a needle close by, never leave home without one lol hugs

3. Likes dragondrummer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Pat! Glad you have joined us. Looking forward to seeing more posts from you. Hugs, Carol