Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Question for those who have Hobby Lobby near you

Hi. Hope I am posting in the correct board, was trying to figure it out (and after today, that is a challenge, LOL).

Anyway, just read on another board that this gal was in her local Hobby Lobby to check out the sale on I Love This Yarn and saw new colors of yarn so she picked one up and found the price was now $5.99. Picked up another new color and again, now $5.99. When she questioned the customer service person, she said that all of the yarn was going up to $5.99 when the skeins priced now at $3.99 were sold out but not sure if it was Hobby Lobby or the manufacturer who was determining the new price. That is a $2 jump. I used to buy it online only at Craftsetc and when it was on sale for less than $2 a skein anyway (now defunct) since we have no Hobby Lobby stores in my area.

Eventually I am getting to my question. Has anyone else noticed the huge price increase in their local stores? An inquiring mind wants to know.

Roe

2. Likes Dutch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Roe, we don't have a Hobby Lobby where I am now, Va. But we had one in Florence Ky. I've never shopped their online store but they seemed to be higher than a lot of stores. How much is their yarn online? Same price? A $2.00 jump is a lot !! Walmart will be taking their customers soon. Good luck with yarn hunting! Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Tuesday I will try to check the price but I have not bought yarn there but it there as I have Jo-Ann and Walmart where I do most of my shopping. But they are
    all close together and I will try to check it then. I have to go out for a Dr appointment.
    charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems everything is going up - food, clothing, gasoline, ect. I would not be surprised if yarn supplies are going up as well. Hate to see this, but it seems inevitable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to check the 2 Hobby Lobby stores we usually visit. Sometimes there is a difference in price between Illinois and Wisconsin stores. I thought I saw the new variegated colors at $5.99 in the Kenosha store but the rest of the Hobby Lobby yarn was cheaper.
    Barb

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Hobby Lobby for the first time on Friday. I was not impressed with their Yarn selection and definitely wasn't impressed with their prices, including their sale prices. I have been getting my yarn at Micheal's and AC More for years, and they always have great sales. I recently bought some at Walmart, and their prices are a tiny bit cheaper with a slightly smaller selection. I think the overall prices are set by the manufacture, but the retailers need to make a profit too. I don't buy from retailers like Joann's or other such "sewing" stores because they jack their prices up more then others. Sorry, I'm "talking" too much. At any rate, Hobby Lobby would not be my first choice to get yarn at.

8. Likes meki1231 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    hi there, yes I have even noticed the prices of wool gone up in Walmart of all places!! Hobby Lobby prices are just stupendous anyway I never shop there for wool

Post Thanks / Like
    My son works at Hobby Lobby. I went there last week and noticed the prices are about the same. A few were a little higher. They were discontinuing "I love this Yarn" in Pale Denim for @$2.39 (reg. $3.99). I bought all they had left (10 skeins) and used my son's discount. Now when I get ready to make something, I'll have the yarn for it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will have to check into this. I do buy my I Love This Yarn at Hobby Lobby because it is the only local store that sales it here. Yarn is cheaper here at Walmart. If I only need a couple of skeins I will buy from Hobby Lobby and use their online coupon for 40% off any one reg priced item. I can go back daily as it is only a couple minutes from me. The 40% brings it down to a reasonable price.

Dutch

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm....I only recently discovered that Hobby Lobby stopped carrying Red Heart Super Saver & started seemingly replaced their shelf space w/the I Love This Yarn brand. I missed going there earlier this year while we were moving and they slipped this in on me unawares. Is Super Saver still being sold anywhere else? I've never been impressed w/any chain store stock of yarn, it's high & colors in stock not dependable. Yarn is an expensive commodity in most areas, so much so that the best way for me to buy it is how I started my supply, by buying a small bulk amount from a person who was wanting to sell out their personal supply. Of course that doesn't get me the colors I want for specific items because I need them in specific colors & in specific quantities, so that's when I turn to stores to try & find yarn I can afford. That's how I learned that something in Hobby Lobby was changing. Thx for this post, it would be good to stock up on a some desired colors & yarn types if the $$ is there to get it before such a price increase.