Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Colors effecting our moods

I am wondering if others are ever bothered by a color as I am? For some reason I just can't warm up to the color yellow. Others say it is a warm sunny color, but not for me. I like it only as an accent color and that is about it. Although I do like a powdery yellow, or the corn meal shade if I use any yellow at all.

A friend of mine said she found herself getting angry on one project using red and black. I just think it's funny how colors can effect our moods.

Judi G

2. Thanks Pinky51 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am happy crocheting and knowing that I am doing it for a good cause (Project Linus) so colors do not seem to play into my work much at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Colors wheel will help out to match crochet yarn.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I don't have a problem putting colors together. I just don't get a good feeling from the color yellow for some reason. Just wondering if others dislike a certain color too.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not really wild for pink and find myself rushing a project when I'm using it. It does make for pretty little girl things, but as an only girl, I got pinked out very young! I haven't crocheted using yellow, but I love varying shades of it on my walls. My husband tells me he had no idea there were so many different shades of yellow!
    Auntie Alice

Post Thanks / Like
    I never noticed any difference in my mood with any particular colors. I tend to use a wide variety for the projects I do since the majority are for charity so I like to keep it interesting even more.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not scientific about this but I do notice some colors are very difficult for me to work with. I am still working on a green and black blanket for daughter and this has been ongoing for about 5 years now. I just can't work on it for more than a few minutes at a time. Like your friend I get very angry when working it.

Post Thanks / Like
    To bad we can't find this out before getting in the middle of a project isn't it? I started an afghan a couple years ago in carrot, corn meal and med. brown. All the colors look nice together, but when I worked about 12 inches of it I just couldn't continue and frogged it all out. I use the yarn separately and it was OK for me, but I just didn't like the looks of them used together, even though they should have blended well.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by elsydeon9 View Post
    I am not scientific about this but I do notice some colors are very difficult for me to work with. I am still working on a green and black blanket for daughter and this has been ongoing for about 5 years now. I just can't work on it for more than a few minutes at a time. Like your friend I get very angry when working it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a difficult time working with black and right now I'm making a black & white afghan for my sister. Since it's one round of each color, I don't think it will be as much of a problem as many rows of black. I don't dislike black, just find it harder to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    The darker the color of yarn the harder it is on eyes. It might depend on what mood a person is in to what color they want to use.