Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is your favorite place to buy crochet supplies?

There are so many options when it comes to finding crochet supplies to make our projects. I love to go to Hobby Lobby and occasionally Micheals - although I have to drive about 30 minutes or so to get there. Walmart becomes my place to go when I don't have time to run to Hobby Lobby.

Where is your favorite place to buy crochet supplies?

2. Likes Vornie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,
    I have quite a bit of yarn here and some crochet thread so I use what I have here. But if I need something I don't have maybe a color of yarn I don't have or don't have enough of I'll go to Meijer's to see if they have it and maybe go to Hobby Lobby or Michael's or Walmart. I've never had a license and the closest place for me to get to without a car is Meijer's unless somebody takes me to Walmart or Joann's or somewhere or I take the bus(which isn't too often). We've also ordered yarn when I couldn't find it at the stores. Michael's used to be my favorite craft store cause Meijer's doesn't always have what I want. I have before at Walmart(probably other stores too) saw yarn and say I like this color and that color and get the yarn because I like the color.
    Jean Marie

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I buy at flea market. There are shops but very expensive thread
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, wherever I get the best price and with coupons and on sale or clearance. My motto is to get the most I can for the least amount of money. I even have found a lot of crochet supplies at Goodwill too. I buy at AC Moore, Michaels, Walmart, Joann Fabric and Crafts. I also shop online especially when there are sales and free shipping.

Roe

8. Likes Barbara G., little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Favorite place is Joann's and ONLY with a coupon. I have so much yarn to use up that the guilt sets in BIG time if I think about buying more. But of course I have slips. I like finding yarn in places I don't expect to find it: Big Lots had a whole bunch of baby yarn in a brand I'ld never heard of for an obscene low price. And I found really cool yarn at Tuesday Morning and 3-packs of hooks for $1.29. Hooker lovin it.

10. Likes Barbara G., GrammaJoe liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy my yarn from Joann's or Michael's. Walmart here doesn't have a big selection and I don't like their colors. We have a Tuesday Morning and Big Lots shop here. I'll have to check those out. Hancock Fabrics doesn't have much of a selection of yarn either and I don't like their colors.

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy yarn from Michaels, AcMoore, Joanns and on line. I can't find the colors I used to use in Red Heart so i have to buy them on line.

14. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I rarely go to the shops any more but rather I'll do most of my purchasing online.

I run a small online yarn shop at http://crochetgal.etsy.com and most of the yarns that I sell are the ones that I use!
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

16. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Walmart for most things, but Michael's has my hooks (Bates) and more things like my pompom maker, which I got w/a coupon. I like Hobby Lobby as well, but they are more expensive, and have no more Red Heart which I use for prayer shawls.

18. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I either go to Walmart or Hancocks Fabric. I have noticed our Walmart is cheaper than Hancocks and usually has a better selection for the yarn I use the most. If I need a pretty or fluffy yarn, Hancocks is better, though.

20. Likes Barbara G. liked this post