Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What crochet tips would you like to share?

Sharing your favorite crochet tips is a great way to help others learn new things which can be very helpful during their crochet time. Now is your chance to share your favorite crochet tips with those here in the forums!

What crochet tips would you like to share?

2. Thanks charlye thanked for this post
    Likes charlye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    sc is pulling through 2 loops once, dc is pulling through 2 loops twice and tr crochet is pulling through 2 loops 3 times.

Post Thanks / Like
    THIS is very important if you want to crochet by PATTERN, you won't have to keep looking them up.
    For reading patterns it is very important to learn the abbrevations of all the stitches and any thing that a new patterns (usually found under note in the pattern, or i the back of the crochet book)

5. Likes Barbara G., missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for this topic Barbara, I wanted to start one on tips but I had forgoten. So I was supper tickled to find this today when I came on. I was going to ask you how to do it but didn't want to do it while you were so very busy with June names. THANKS AGAIN

7. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Never get discouraged, if you find something is making you see stars, put it down and walk away for a little while. I am an experienced crocheter and have done this more than once. But have fun though.

Roe

9. Thanks charlye, Lili thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    First let me say I agree with Roe, never get discouraged!! The internet, and sites like ours, have made things so much easier! If I have a really tough time trying to figure something out, something new to me, I google it then look and see if there are any tutorials for the stitch I'm trying to do. There are soooo many good tutorials on you tube you can almost always find what you need. It's always more clear for me to SEE it done than to read the instructions! But books can be good too if they have pictures to show you what you need to do. The libraries usually have crocheting books check one out and make copies of the instruction pages you are having a problem with! It doesn't cost anything and you will have something to refer back to if you need it. So thankful I wasn't born back in the good old days when things like this were not available lol! I would have gone nuts trying to figure some of these things out!! Maybe we should have a section for tutorials I am positive many of you could do as good or better than most that are out there!! I love the tips section by the way Barbara :-). Hugs Winnie

11. Thanks charlye, Lili thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The scarry thing is I can do the OLD things easier then I can the newer things. YOU can 't see how many times I use the backspace on this thing.
    Took a typing course when we got into computers BUT that didn't help my spelling at all. Teeee Heee
    ((Hug)) charlye

13. Likes Barbara G., missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlye View Post
    The scarry thing is I can do the OLD things easier then I can the newer things. YOU can 't see how many times I use the backspace on this thing.
    Took a typing course when we got into computers BUT that didn't help my spelling at all. Teeee Heee
    ((Hug)) charlye
    You are sooo funny! Backspace is the computer do over!! Hugs Winnie

15. Likes charlye liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have spell check

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    we have spell check
    Is that the one that tells you it is wrong or the one that shows what it might be? I remember tell my mom "How can I look it up in the dictionary if I don't know how to spell it?
    If it is either of these, I am still in trouble as I can't even pick the right one if I can't spell it in the first place. Teeee Heeee
    Sorry guys I never had phonics (almost spelt that with an F) I remember Mom told me phonics starts like a picnic P. just sounds different. Oh life goes on and on.
    : 0 I know you can't figure if I am real or not. Sorry I am. charlye

18. Likes little drummer, cessie liked this post