Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  53
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ♥cablestitches View Post
    Question ! does anyone know how to find the center string an easy way ? sometimes it's there and some times I just start with the one that goes around the skeen. Debbie
    Crochet Spot » Blog Archive » How to Find the End of the Yarn in a Pull Skein - Crochet Patterns, Tutorials and News - after clicking on this scroll down on page and read the replys. Tami has some good advice.

there's a couple of u tube videos on here: https://www.google.com/search?q=how+...x-a&channel=sb
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 06-19-2014 at 05:12 PM.

2. Thanks cablestitches thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another video

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean for the link sites I have done these but some times end up with a mess. I guess it's just a luck of the draw with some of them. I think they should make them easier , like always having it out just a tad to start with. Thanks again Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you will keep trying . some yarns are easy some are Thanks again Debbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Debbie,
    I used to always find when I tried to find a yarn end in the center it would be tangled up and I probably got it more tangled and I would always be untangling yarn. Now a lot of times I usually start w/the outside yarn end.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    LEARN TO TURN!! Practice, practice, practice. Pay attention to each new row. Count the stitches to be sure you have enough, and not too many before you turn. Ripping out one row beats having to rip out more rows because you didn't check. For really long rows (as when doing some afghans) consider marking the stitches every 20 or 50 depending on how many there are in a row.

Use a row counter. They are invaluable and much quicker than pen and paper tracking.

When crocheting rounds always (as in every time) use a stitch marker so you know where the row you are working on ends, and the new one begins.

When crocheting in the round, don't add stitches on one side of the round without adding the same number on the other side. Your round will become a wobbly odd shape if you do. (Side is a poor choice of words here, better described as when adding stitches to a round, add an equal number directly across from them as you work your way around the piece).

Wear your items with pride. Gift your items with the pride of the artisan you are. Handcrafted gifts are the most precious. Never waste your talent on the unappreciative. Some people just don't have what it takes to understand the intricate beauty of crocheted (or other hand worked items) pieces.

Always have fun at what you do. A little frustration can be challenging and invigorating. If crocheting becomes a chore, or something you dread, then stop and go do something that you enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    My #1 tip is ALWAYS buy the very best yarn you can afford, even if you are a beginner. You will have a completed project for years to come and your hands will love you for letting them spend time with luscious feeling fibers. Of course, this means LOTS of touching, feeling and enjoying all the fiber-rich eye candy in your LYS. If you don't have yarn shops in your area, check out the good deals on Object moved in Point Roberts, WA, and Little Knits LK Home which is in Seattle. Both of these companies sell yarn by the bag at great discounts. If you are looking for American made (grown and processed) check out Brown Sheep Company, Inc. - BrownSheep.com out of Nebraska.