Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  53
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Charyle, About every 3 mo, I have to admit to my daughter, she needs to come over and put my computer on the right track again. I usually feed her a great dinner to put her in a good mood. She asked me the last time I asked her to supper, What is wrong with the computer? One time she told me it isn't the computer it is the operator. And that's me. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep all my crochet supplies in a clear glass jar. I can easily see my different size hooks and never lose my scissors or yarn needles.

Sorry the photo is sideways. :/

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images What crochet tips would you like to share?-securedownload-1-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    remember we are not machines and if you make a mistake it is ok and sometimes it is only you that will see it. A lady I am friends with told me once that the Indians will leave a bead out or not follow a pattern to the T just to let the evil spirits out.
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetgal View Post
    Don't ever be afraid of making a mistake in crochet.

there are no mistakes. there are only embellishments to the existing patterns.
    Oh!!! That's a GOOD one!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey charlye,

Your post about having trouble spelling is great. I really enjoy your sense of humor. And your crocheted items are beautiful. Have a good day.

Cathy

7. Thanks charlye thanked for this post
    Likes charlye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    When doing increases on dolls or animals I go into the first loop for the 1st st then go into both loops for the 2nd st. )2 sts in 1 st). For a decrease go into the front loop on dec over 2 sts. this helps elimate any hole that might appear.

9. Likes AuntieAlice, Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought of another tip I use: When I'm crocheting, I always stand up the skein in a basket on the floor next to me. It really works out great when I'm using different colors and it makes it easy to move my project out of the way when I need to. I have house dogs and hate it when my yarn falls on the floor. No matter how much I vacuum, I still always seem to have dog hair.

Speaking of pet hair, I've got another tip: When my skein or ball end up rolling around on the floor, a fast easy way to "pull off" the few dog hairs and lint that love to stick to yarn, I use a lint brush. It picks up those pesky fine hairs with only one or two swipes.

And another tip: You don't have to buy stitch markers. I use a small safety pin.

Shelley

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bobby pins work great for stitch holders also and for the knitters I use the small rubber bands get thousands for cheap don't have to worry about losing them always got a supply
    crocheting my life away for kids & charity

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Claire S. That is a good idea to make it big enough for a wash clothe. I can never find my hair pin to use in my hair so I would never find them when I am crocheting. teee heee. See us old or seasoned crocheter can learn. Thanks

I use small safety pins as markers..... I also started to use them with a lettered beans that I got at Walmart to mark when
    I put my work down, I put it in the last stitch on the hook and in some other stitch so that it can't pull out. That way if I don't come back to it for a week or a year I know where I am and what size hook to use.
    charlye...
    I like your advator also. I you do share it would like one too please.
    charlye

15. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you but it is all the truth. My sence of humor is the ONE thing no-one can take away from me. I used it on my parents too. My mom died in 2012 at 98 years young. She lived with us for 27 years.
    My spelling is not improved by my typing. Hunt and peck and sometimes I peck the wrong letters.
    Hope to hear more from all the new ones here.
    charlye