Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  53
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    OOPs wrong place Here is a tip for crocheting... You don't have to spell if you use a pattern you just need to know the abbrevations.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't ever be afraid of making a mistake in crochet.

there are no mistakes. there are only embellishments to the existing patterns.
    Crochetgal on Etsy - Beautiful yarns, affordable prices

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlye View Post
    Is that the one that tells you it is wrong or the one that shows what it might be? I remember tell my mom "How can I look it up in the dictionary if I don't know how to spell it?
    If it is either of these, I am still in trouble as I can't even pick the right one if I can't spell it in the first place. Teeee Heeee
    Sorry guys I never had phonics (almost spelt that with an F) I remember Mom told me phonics starts like a picnic P. just sounds different. Oh life goes on and on.
    : 0 I know you can't figure if I am real or not. Sorry I am. charlye
    Hi Charlye,
    If I type something on the computer and it is spelled wrong or the computer doesn't recognize it or if I forget a space, a red wavy line will be under the word and if I spelled the word wrong but it's still a word the computer won't pick it up like:if I wanted to type the word for and made a mistake and typed the word far the computer wouldn't see that as a mistake. But if something is underlined in red I have the option of leaving it the way it is. When something is underlined in red I highlight it and right click. I have typed 'not e' when meaning to type 'note'. When typing a message I usually read it before I post it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spel...-a&channel=rcs

You can highlight any word and right click and you will have the option to search google.
    Jean Marie

5. Likes charlye, little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Charlye,
    If I type something on the computer and it is spelled wrong or the computer doesn't recognize it or if I forget a space, a red wavy line will be under the word and if I spelled the word wrong but it's still a word the computer won't pick it up like:if I wanted to type the word for and made a mistake and typed the word far the computer wouldn't see that as a mistake. But if something is underlined in red I have the option of leaving it the way it is. When something is underlined in red I highlight it and right click. I have typed 'not e' when meaning to type 'note'. When typing a message I usually read it before I post it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spel...-a&channel=rcs

You can highlight any word and right click and you will have the option to search google.
    Jean Marie
    Thank you so much....rt clk means check google that shoould help me a lot. Thanks again. Will that work on tablet or is it CT
    talk programing?
    hugs charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    Never give up! If you find yourself confused, put it down for a bit so you can clear your head! You may find what you thought was tough is actually really simple ( I learned this last night).
    Don't get discouraged!
    Ask questions! There's someone always willing to help a fellow crochet addict
    Learn abbreviations!
    Always make crochet fun and relaxing!
    YouTube is a great visual resource.

8. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My crochet tip--when I am making a swatch in order to test for washing or gauge etc, I make the swatch big enough to be a wash cloth. I also use it to try out new pattern stitches. It may end up looking weird with different patterns, but it doesn't matter because I am the only one who will use it.

10. Thanks charlye thanked for this post
    Likes AuntieAlice, charlye, Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Count, count, count. It is very important to be counting. It saves you from frogging lots. Also bobby pins work very well for a crochet marker.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Claire just noticed your avatar love it !! Could you share the pattern with me if you have it? Thanks a bunch! Hugs Winnie

13. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea Claire I never thought of that!! Who needs to buy washcloths right? Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlye View Post
    Thank you so much....rt clk means check google that shoould help me a lot. Thanks again. Will that work on tablet or is it CT
    talk programing?
    hugs charlye
    Hi Charlye,
    I don't know. I don't have a tablet.
    Jean Marie